Brazilian Blue - Pterinopelma Sazimai

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I find my pair to be fairly skittish, but never defensive. Just easily startled, and fast for terrestrials.
Wow. Seeing this post made me chuckle. How things can change with time...

My P. sazimai are both highly defensive now. They threat pose their food, they threat pose me filling their water dish, etc.

Boaz Solorio

Arachnopeon
I usually keep mine with relatively high humidity, towards the lower ends of my shelves. They're skittish as all hell, and they've molted maybe 3 or 4 times since I got them back in December of 2018, where they were 2i. This is one now, that bolted onto my hand after I tried to most the wall of the enclosure:

Attachments

JMSpider

Arachnopeon
My sazimai always tends to be aggressive. Before the latest molt, she would give me a threat posture all the time but never run, similarily to P. murinus :p Now, with a body length of over 5cm she also usually attacks everything that moves near her but now she plays it more defensive. She usually attacks, then takes a few steps back while being headed towards the 'opponent' and never gives a threat posture even if I want her to do it. Every sazimai is different :p

Zoopy

Arachnopeon
Thought I'd bump this thread, as it has some great info in it.

I picked up a sling of this species at an expo today, supposed to be a confirmed female. I saw an adult of the species and fell in love with the blue coloring. They warned me that they are quite skittish and lightning-fast, but usually not very defensive. She's currently still in a deli cup and I had to fix it up a bit after bringing her home, so I got to experience first-hand how fast they are. Rehousing is going to be fun times. This little thing teleports around the cup. :rofl:

Definitely very photosensitive too. The sun was shining in through my window when I unpacked her and every tiime the light hit the cup, she started zipping around. I tried a couple more times to confirm that it was a reaction to the light. I've got her in my bedside table at the moment and will find her a dark corner somewhere in the apartment once she's settled in a bit. She's currently hiding under her cork bark, so I can't take a photo of her and I don't want to bother her either, as she seemed very scared while I was rearranging the substrate in her home.

Quite excited for this one and will keep you all appraised of my own experiences and learnings with this species! Should be a nice complement to my A Geniculata.