Brazilian Black

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Alonso99, no son gratis jeje, el hecho de viajar hasta alli cuesta $$ ;) . No es muy cerca. Personalmente pague solo 1 (de las 3 que tengo) de mis G. pulchra, hembra 6.5'' a unos pocos dólares...
I'm sorry that I wrote it in spanish, I was just answering Alonso99. The problem with G. pulchra is that nobody (as far as I know) gets captive bred spiderlings, except for the gravid WC females....and they grow very slow too. So, they are expensive and rare to find sometimes (specially if smugglers get caught hehe;) )
The sad thing is that collecting so many is affecting their populations really bad:eek: and they take many years to recover . So we better hurry up and learn how to captive breed them!

Pato.

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well right. You are in Buenos Aires? It is not a close trip. I knew a guy in Uruguay who could easily find them.

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes. I've collected a few G. mollicoma ''alticeps'' which are found in south Uruguay, while I was on holiday. Both G. mollicoma ''alticeps'' and G. pulchra are found in great numbers. But due to excessive collecting (I mean hundreds) the numbers are lower in some areas. Both species have the advantage of being very prolific and hopefully they will survive very well in untouched areas. And luckily they are almost not affected by farming/agro activities, which is a GREAT advantage for any tarantula species.

Pato.

M.C. Exotics

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So where can we get one of these B. pruett's?? I hear they are native to texas. Also any idea how agressive they are?