1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brazilian Black

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by B-fish, May 1, 2008.

1. B-fish

B-fish Arachnoknight

how much are they usually.. There is a guy on the Trade/sale forum that is selling them for $600, to me that is outragiouse and rediculouse
  2. Lucara

Lucara Arachnolord

If your referring to B. pruett, hes selling 2 adult females and a large male.
    Technically, its only outrageous if your not willing to spend that kind of money. If you have $600 to blow and you really want a G. pulchra, its not so rediculous =P.
  3. B-fish

B-fish Arachnoknight

no not a B. pruett i mean a Grammostola Pulchra
  4. Bobby Pruett is a person, and he is selling two adult females and a male. {D B. Pruett is not a species.
  5. moose35

moose35 Arachnoprince Old Timer

:clap: thats a great 1. first time i think i've laughed out loud while reading these forums.

no offense b-fish...

6. B-fish

B-fish Arachnoknight

ya that is what i meant B. pruett is seelling them, why so much??
  7. Well it's because the group is hard to put together. 2 adult females would sell by them selves for 200-250. And a male for 100+. You don't just find females for sale every day and raising a sling to adulthood might take you 10 years + :wicked: Maybe not that long but it would be a while!
  8. B-fish

B-fish Arachnoknight

ohh i c, sorry for me being do dumb there are over 800 species of tarantulas out there and i can't remember all of them, i knew him name started with a B though {D
  9. Lucara

Lucara Arachnolord

I have a feeling that a B. pruett sp. of tarantula would prolly end up kicking all our asses. ;P :wicked: {D
  10. T_ROY

T_ROY Arachnosquire

I got lucky and picked one up at a local pet store for $60 with the cage it was in. i dont think they knew what a G. Pulchra is worth its about 4" not sure on sex yet. IM still pretty new to this although ihave had Avic Veriscolor for about 3 years . I just recently went overboard with T's.
  11. Snakeguybuffalo

Snakeguybuffalo Arachnosquire

there's no such thing as overboard with T's man, you can never have too many! Awesome find tho at the pet store for 60 with a tank. I bought a big (4.75-5 inches) female once from a pet store for $80 a couple years back. These people had no clue what there were doing!
  12. sick4x4

sick4x4 Arachnoprince

600 for three pulchras isnt bad....i mean it could be worst...i'll sell 1 female and male 4"s for 400 shipped.....

13. T_ROY

T_ROY Arachnosquire

Yeah Its like treasure hunting.
  14. baf236

baf236 Arachnosquire

I just paid $120 for two G. pulchra slings. They are expensive because the supply is low. I am happy with them and I hope they both turn out to be female.{D
  15. Snipes

Snipes Arachnoprince Old Timer

Hehe, how long before this is his siggy
  16. pato_chacoana

pato_chacoana Arachnoangel

Well if you knew how much are G. pulchra here---hehe:D Though you have access to much more others species than I do ;)

17. arrowhd

arrowhd Arachnolord

SW MO
    Has a nice ring to it.
  18. Alonso99

Alonso99 Arachnobaron Old Timer

Deben ser gratis un viaje a las cercanias de Brazil o Uruguay y atrapas una facil.

How much do they go for at shops ?
  19. apidaeman

apidaeman Arachnoknight

A 4" Female here where live sold for $300, actually it was $299 but with tax well over $300.
  20. smof

smof Arachnodemon Old Timer

I got a guaranteed female a little under 4" for £40 (about $80), about 2 years ago. I thought she was expensive, but G. pulchra are pretty much impossible to find in the UK so it was worth it. Now I know how hard they are to get most places, £40 seems like a pretty good deal for a girl. I just hope I can breed her when she's big enough. If there's one thing this hobby could definitely do with, it's more pulchra!