Brazilian Black question

Ssasha

Arachnosquire
Hello! I recently go a mexican red rump and will be getting a brazilian black. I'm told they are both beginners and my red rump is really nice. Is there much difference between care for the brazilian black. I can't find much... Or is the care mostly like red rumps?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Brachypelma vagans appreciate some humidity. G pulchra don't like it as much.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
I second what Venom said, and IME they do very well on dry substrate with access to a water dish of some type. My three (all between 1-2") are kept on bone-dry eco earth have a little dish the size of a bottle cap, but one of them likes to bury hers so I've given up on that and will just carefully mist/sprinkle a corner of her enclosure from time-to-time. Haven't had any issues with keeping them like this, all have molted well and actually JUST ate for me. Fantastic species that I don't think anyone could go wrong with getting, beginner or experienced alike. I hope this helps, and congrats on your future T! :)

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Hello! I recently go a mexican red rump and will be getting a brazilian black. I'm told they are both beginners and my red rump is really nice. Is there much difference between care for the brazilian black. I can't find much... Or is the care mostly like red rumps?
Assuming you are talking about B. vagans and G. pulchra ...

Care is similar. B. vagans appreciates a bit more humidity. G. pulchra prefers it dry.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Are these slings?
If so, I'd recommend slightly moist substrate. They've yet to develop the waxy cuticle that helps their bodies in retaining moisture. I've kept all my slings on slightly moist substate until reaching juvenile size, then adjust to drier sub.
Give both species a hide, a water source, substrate depth for burrowing (if slings) and prey items Keep the space between the sub surface and enclosure top to less than 2X their DLS.
Both are good beginner species and easy to care for. Pulchra will be the slower grower, but the most beautiful black tarantula to have. IMO.