1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brachypelma vagans... Help!

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Julianaxx, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Julianaxx

Julianaxx Arachnopeon

England
    Advertisement
    E14F85BE-9FA0-497C-916D-F5EEADCCC916.png CF27EAA5-3936-4276-A4C0-EA1522DAC326.png Had my B. Vegans for a couple months now (molted twice since I had him and his last molt was 20th October) it’s my first T so I’m still learning, but recently I noticed these yellowish spots on the inside of his abdomen and his rump looks a bit concerning, he’s been a bit lethargic lately but he’s been eating fine and had his last meal (locust) a couple days ago, his water bowl always has water in it and I overflow it sometimes as to keep the substrate slightly wet and temp is fine. Should I be concerned?

2. Nightstalker47

Nightstalker47 Arachnoprince Active Member

Those are the book lungs, each tarantulas has two pairs under the abdomen...no cause for concern lol. ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. boina

boina Lady of the mites Arachnosupporter

Germany
    Yellow spots = book lungs. They need those to breathe ;)

Otherwise looks like premolt.

Edit: @Nightstalker47 was faster :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Tenebrarius

Tenebrarius Arachnobaron Active Member

all is see in the snapchat is book lungs, and a blinding beam of photons. if you think your spiders is ugly just access the filter the dog ears look good on them.

they like looking basic too, next my P met will want a starbucks drink...RIP it was already expensive itself now it wants to break the bank on only water dish filled with starbucks brand water, next it will want VOSS

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Julianaxx

Julianaxx Arachnopeon

England
    Thank you, can finally stop stressing lol.

6. Paul1126

Paul1126 Arachnobaron Active Member

You've had this T a couple months and has already moulted twice? How big is it? Seems unusually fast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Julianaxx

Julianaxx Arachnopeon

England
    EB4807E1-7349-4F31-B54A-C87BE4327F31.jpeg
    I’ve had him since about July now, sorry didn’t mean to say couple moths, this is how small he was when I first got him.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Paul1126

Ah, seems to put on a bit of size since you've had him!

9. Julianaxx

Julianaxx Arachnopeon

England
    Yeah and he’s recently started webbing, that’s been fun to watch, I’m excited to see him grow to his full size!

10. Paul1126

Best part of having a sling, I have a vagans sling, had it a year and a half now and still pretty small.

Roughly first moult in my care

A little bit bigger than this now.

11. Julianaxx

Julianaxx Arachnopeon

England
    Aw, looks so small.
    What do you feed it, if you don’t mind me asking, because at the moment I feed mine locusts but they’re a bit difficult to keep so I’ve been looking for alternatives.

12. Tenebrarius

Tenebrarius Arachnobaron Active Member

here's a list:

B. Dubia

end of list.

13. Paul1126

Crickets/Mealworms nothing else. I will buy a batch of meal worms once it runs out I get a batch of crickets just to change things up.

14. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnotank Arachnosupporter

I use red runners or mealworms for mine.

• Like Like x 1