1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

Brachypelma emilia

Discussion in 'Bite Reports' started by senor ocho, Aug 31, 2005.

1. senor ocho

senor ocho Arachnosquire

CA
    Advertisement
    Yep, no BS, Brachypelma emilia bit me. Twice, actually. HOW did it happen you ask? Well y'all, pull up a chair and I'll tell yuh.
    It was at the Daytona Reptile Expo Aug 20, Saturday. A customer was interested in seeing some 1.5" full color B. emilia juveniles. I obliged, and picked up the first one I saw. It was unusually jumpy from the onset; alternating between a panicky sprint and a desperate hop on to my left hand. I coerced it back on to my right hand, and continued to digress on how awesome a species B. emilia is, and how they rarely get pissy. Well, mid-sentence I feel two pin pricks in the area of my palm just below the thumb. I glance down to see the spider raise up and bite again. I thought to myself "The little bas---d just bit me!" :confused: The customer was none the wiser, as I never let on that there were some thumb snacks going on. :clap: I put the cute furry creature away and picked up another without further incident. 5 minutes later the area in my palm began to itch, and continued to itch for 10 minutes.
    So, no damage done, but I just had to share my astoundingly retarded experience. And people wonder why I don't keep HOT snakes....well there's the friggin answer!
    -chris
    www.krazy8sinvertebrates.com