1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brachypelma boehmei the adventurer

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Jonas0, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Teal

Teal Arachnoemperor Old Timer

Advertisement
    Which is why I said "otherwise appropriate enclosure"... as in, one that doesn't allow enough height for climbing that risks a fall.

The European tarantula keeping culture sounds way better than the American... spiders are less expensive, species I cannot find in the US are abundant, and decorations apparently are acceptable lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. boina

boina Lady of the mites Arachnosupporter

Germany
    Oooops - my bad :bag::sorry:.

• Love Love x 1
  3. Jonas0

Jonas0 Arachnopeon

I have a particular set of skills and next time you mistake me with these filthy people from the netherlands, I will find you and I will kill you...

Nah, I'm joking, don't worry, we're basically the same. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Cake Cake x 1
  4. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

No we're not! Maybe Dutch Southerners and Belgian Flemish people are, but up North where I live? Definitely not!
    You guys eat and drink too much and are always on strike :hilarious:

• Cake Cake x 1
  5. Jonas0

Jonas0 Arachnopeon

You can't drink too much...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  6. Jonas0

Jonas0 Arachnopeon

made it a bit higher, does it seem appropriate now? (I might add some leaves soon as well :) )

should add as it isn't really visible in the pic, the height is now 15cm, except at the front, there it's 25cm as I can't make it higher with front doors, I used the bone that sticks out with the plant over it to cover the mid section of the terra in case she falls there.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. Rigor Mortis

Rigor Mortis Arachnoknight

There is still far too much room between the top of the enclosure and the substrate at the front. I understand that because of the door you can't add more substrate there, but that just means this enclosure is not appropriate for your T. Adding little barriers in the sections where the substrate is shallower is just prolonging an accident.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX ArachnoGod Active Member

Agghiacciande! Agghiacciande! <-- like Antonio Conte would say :)

That's still an incredibly higher enclosure for a terrestrial spider like that :pompous:

Add substrate or (IMO better) opt for a rehouse into an enclosure where there's floor space, but not such an height, like cheap KK (Kritter Keeper, but more famous as 'Fauna Box' here in Europe) are.

• Agree Agree x 1