Brachypelma albopilosum

rhom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
im recieving 5 Brachypelma albopilosum slings in the mail today. Now i'm not new to ts by any means just new to brachypelma is there any tips or anything i should know besides the basic things? biggest thing im thinking about is growth rate are they close to the same as G.arueo? or slower? faster. Sorry but thats the only species i have that i think i can compare the growth rate to.

thanks again

Noell

Subterfuge

Arachnopeon
IME, B. albo is way faster then G. aerio. They eat waaay more.

What size are they?

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
suppossedly fastest growing of the brachypelmas but still a slow grower, i am unfamilliar with the growth rate of G. aureo but i would say they are pretty simillar

Dreadwraven

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
In February 2005, I got 20 1/2" little guys in the mail for me and my friends. They now range in size from 3" to 5" in legspan. The 3" one belongs to a girl who doesn't feed it nearly as much as me and another fellow who have the two 5" ones.

I've found that I'm pretty allergic to their hairs, and they can put up a pretty decent cloud of them when they get bigger, so be mindful. Other than that, they are a beautiful thick bodied tarantula that has a really querky attitude. I've seen mine anchor some webbing to the ground and then spin around in it so that his legs are covered in webbing and then he just climbs out of it and chills on it. Very funny animals and very very good eaters!

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The 1/4" sling that I got as a gift back in 2001 is now a 3.5" eating machine.

JCola

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
in january I got both a 1/2" g. aureostriata and a 1/2" b. albopilosum... i'd say the growthrate is very similar, but the brachy's is a little faster. of course, i haven't sexed either of them, so that could be a factor. i'd say the brachy is almost 2" at this point and very fun and definately quirky, as stated before.

subic_spiderworld

Arachnopeon
my B.albopilosum grows twice as fast as my g.aureostriata. I would say they are the fastest growing brachys I have, almost the same as my vagans. (I have a few auratum, boehmei, smithi, ruhnaui, vagans, emilia)