Species Tliltocatl albopilosus (a.k.a. Brachypelma albopilosum)

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
My adorable little Brachyoelma albopilosum sling! Her (hopefully "her") name is Rumpelstiltskin, and she's a total garbage can. Loves her dubia!
Nice choice of tarantula, I'm waiting on 2 Nicaraguan B. Albopilosum slings, yours looks well fed, is it still eating?

Nmilburn14

Arachnosquire
Nice choice of tarantula, I'm waiting on 2 Nicaraguan B. Albopilosum slings, yours looks well fed, is it still eating?
Definitely a great species! I'm looking to get some Nicaraguan B. albo myself (my little one is Honduran).

I brought her home on April 1st and she ate wonderfully for the first 10 days or so before going into premolt and sealing herself in a den. She molted on May 12th and has been eating like a champ ever since! She just took down a roach as big as her abdomen last night.

Phases

Arachnoknight
This is Jojo. I regret not waiting till he spread out to post a pic of him on Insta. Walked in this AM to him stretching out.

So pretty! I can't get over it. I have to share these.

Brachypelma albopilosum - Male. Had measured 4.5" prior - can't wait to get a measurement.

20170802_154747.jpg

20170802_194508.jpg 20170803_045953.jpg 20170803_050046.jpg

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Like.. hooked out? I am not sure yet. Is that how you tell?
Hooks are one of the ways, but you wanna check his pedipalps for emboli. Just google "tarantula bulbous pedipalps" to see what to look for. If you can, grab a pic of the underside of his palps, and I should be able to tell you.

Phases

Arachnoknight
Ok will do. I want to get him to stretch out on the plastic so I can measure anyway.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Ok will do. I want to get him to stretch out on the plastic so I can measure anyway.
I've got a pretty big female that just molted about a month ago if he is mature. Maybe we could work something out if he's mature and you're interested.

Phases

Arachnoknight
Cool we shall see! What are the odds he would become dinner, is this sp. pretty hard core with that or..

..have you mated before? I have two A. seemanni's (Jax and Jill) that I hope are indeed male/female, around same size, that I plan to try.. if opportunity arises. They are pretty timid little jumpy fella's though, I'd be very nervous for my boy. Though, he's fast as heck :) Jax be nimble Jax be quick..

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Cool we shall see! What are the odds he would become dinner, is this sp. pretty hard core with that or..
They seem to be pretty easy, I know @Exoskeleton Invertebrates has had nothing but success. Which, he definitely has the experience to make things go even smoother.

..have you mated before? I have two A. seemanni's (Jax and Jill) that I hope are indeed male/female, around same size, that I plan to try.. if opportunity arises. They are pretty timid little jumpy fella's though, I'd be very nervous for my boy. Though, he's fast as heck :) Jax be nimble Jax be quick..
I have not, but I've got two females and a smaller immature male. So I was planning to make these my first breeding project. I've also got an A. seemanni, she's worse than my OW's tbh. Definitely not a good beginners species IMO even though people recommend them all the time. Not sure how easy/hard they are to breed though.

Phases

Arachnoknight
Agree'd about the A. seemanni and even I am guilty of recommending them for begininners. I mean, they ARE fun. Lots. But feisty. Handling, if you're into that sort of thing, is very dangerous they run all over you. I've handled Jax, not Jill. I don't normally, don't worry. :)

Never been bit or thread posed but he's attacked including biting, my wooden skewer I've used to dig out mealworms etc, before.

He's fun, one of my favorites, but if you don't have a good enclosure even feeding is risky. When I open the lid I have to do it slowly. Actually dude, I hate to keep like, promoting things but check out the feeding video I posted this morning, Jax is the first one being fed, if you want to see him. :)

Anyway - yeah man I might be game if he's hooked I'll let ya know.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Like.. hooked out? I am not sure yet. Is that how you tell?
I'm loving your B. albopilosum - Nicaraguan form by the look of it, who did you purchase the albo from, if it was @Exoskeleton Invertebrates it's a pure bred B. albopilosum, I really hope it is, you can get a great breeding project going with @Ghost56 - have you checked for the bulbous pedipalps yet? good luck mate, fingers crossed for both of you.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Phases

Arachnoknight
Nah I got him local but I can ask them where they got from if they can remember. They have a few online places they pull from.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
A. bummer (or not?) but B. How can ya tell, can you help me learn? :)
A. the pedipalps will look shorter than before, they will have emboli, sexual organs for passing sperm to the female.
B. The first set of legs get hooks - Tibial hooks, for pinning the female up in the air so the male can reach the epigastric furrow with his emboli to pass sperm from his sperm web.