Brachypelma albopilosum x Brachypelma klaasi

Jmanbeing93

Arachnosquire
I know that hybridization is a sensitive subject and strongly discouraged with good reason; But I am wondering, has there ever been reports of a brachypelma albopillosum x brachypelma klaasi hybrid? What would it look like, any pictures?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
You have to realize that hybrids aren't a perfect combination of the parents, taking all the best patterns and colors and mixing them together.

That's not how it works.

Even if someone has photos I doubt they look like anything special.

Jmanbeing93

Arachnosquire
You have to realize that hybrids aren't a perfect combination of the parents, taking all the best patterns and colors and mixing them together.
I know, but I am still curious and wondering if anyone has any pictures or knows of a such an incident happening.

Jmanbeing93

Arachnosquire
Fine, I just wanted to see some pictures of the end result of that particular pairing because I like Brachypelma Klaasi and Brachypelma albopilosum.

I would never breed them together; I understand that is really damaging for the hobby.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Fine, I just wanted to see some pictures of the end result of that particular pairing because I like Brachypelma Klaasi and Brachypelma albopilosum.

I would never breed them together; I understand that is really damaging for the hobby.
It's fun to wonder "what if" and in a perfect world the combo would make a gorgeous B. klaasi with curly hair. But really, hybridization doesn't work like that as stated above. Likewise a G. pulchripes x G. pulchra wouldn't be jet black with golden accents though that would probably be stunning.

It's fun in our imagination but less exciting in real life, minus all the negative stuff I won't harp on because you already know about that.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Hybridization very rarely results in a 100% even combination of the two adults. The normal percentage would be 12.5-25% would look primarily like the male, 12.5-25% would look primarily like the female, with the balance looking like a combination of both, but to varying degrees. That would be the first generation. Subsequent generations would depend on the offspring that were bred together from that pairing, or again the same percentages would apply if you again outcrossed with either of the original species.
It isn't that straightforward that all of them would obviously look like an even combination of both species.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Is that actually it? Interesting, I can't really tell but it seems deformed. Thanks for finding the picture, I greatly appreciate it.
No, no, I'm sorry-- if you click on the picture you'll be taken to the website I found it at. It's a tarantula plush toy. I'm sorry for confusing you I thought that it was obvious it was a toy rather than a real tarantula.

Jmanbeing93

Arachnosquire
It's fun in our imagination but less exciting in real life, minus all the negative stuff I won't harp on because you already know about that.
I see, I don't know everything but I do know enough to know and infer that hybridization is basically a disaster in tarantula keeping.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
A disaster is exactly what it is. Because, regardless of what they look like, all of them are 100% hybrid. So, some of the sac might be sold as a hybrid, but they grow up and look almost, or exactly, like an albopilosum. Then, that tarantula gets sold, or changes hands, and someone decides to breed it to another albopilosum because it looks like one and the person breeding can't or doesn't confirm that the species that they have is actually the species they think they have.
Nothing good comes out of hybridization of tarantulas. There has been no health conditions bred out of them because they have be hybridized, nothing positive can come of it at all. The only reason why people do it is to create something 'cool' and maybe make more money - all the while not even considering the long term horrific consequences. I wish that they were sterile like most hybrids, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
It should never be done... ever.

boina

Lady of the mites
Hybridization very rarely results in a 100% even combination of the two adults. The normal percentage would be 12.5-25% would look primarily like the male, 12.5-25% would look primarily like the female, with the balance looking like a combination of both, but to varying degrees.
How did you arrive at those numbers? F1 hybrids are always uniform, see Wikipedia, for example (or any Genetics textbook of your choice): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F1_hybrid

"The offspring of distinctly different parental types produce a new, uniform phenotype with a combination of characteristics from the parents. In fish breeding, those parents frequently are two closely related fish species, while in plant and animal breeding the parents often are two inbred lines."

Highlight by me.