Brachypelma Albopilosum Sling Enclosure

Yeeteth

Arachnopeon
I have been thinking about purchasing a 1/4 inch brachypelma albopilosum sling. Im wondering what size enclosure i should keep it in. I have read that the slings like to burrow, and im not sure how much depth i should give it, aswell as enclosure size in general. Any help would be appeciated, Thanks.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I usually use a condiment container for slings that size or pill vials would work great too. I fill it half way up with substrate.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Ditto on the above. However, I also use Hobby Lobby (or Canadian equivalent) clear plastic baseball display boxes. They’re a tad more stable than condiment cups.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Condiment cups will work well for your B. albopilosum. I mainly use pill vials for small slings nowadays, they work well also though this method of housing isn't utilized much anymore.

Aleetist

Arachnosquire
Deli condiment cups are fine, or plastic dram vials (pill bottles) like other have said. I personally use small Amac boxes I get at The Container Store. Relatively cheap and a little sturdier than a deli cup. My 2 I got at a 1/4 are insane borrowers and are always rearranging their homes. Super cute and fun to see. Enjoy!

MattjediEdmonds

Arachnosquire
This little A. chalcodes is 1/4 inch. He's in a little snack container with holes drilled at the top and he's burrowed throughout the entire thing. The substrate wasn't as high when I put him there, some of it is what's been dug up and piled outside.

Attachments