1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brachypelma albopilosum Question

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by TROCKMONEYK, Feb 1, 2018.

1. TROCKMONEYK

TROCKMONEYK Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Hi, I have a question about my curly hair. My curly hair has had its bald spot for a couple of months now. Anyways, I'm noticing a blue spot on its abdomen. Im Wondering if im seeing its internal organs or its hemocyanin. Its like seeing blood in a pasty white dude

2. nicodimus22

nicodimus22 Arachnomancer Arachnosupporter

Maryland
    Post a photo, please.

3. TROCKMONEYK

TROCKMONEYK Arachnopeon

I had a feeling someone was going to say that. Anyways, he is hiding in his cave so I'll post a pic when he comes out

4. TROCKMONEYK

TROCKMONEYK Arachnopeon

151755373075743051031.jpg
    Ok here he is

Attached Files:

5. nicodimus22

nicodimus22 Arachnomancer Arachnosupporter

Maryland
    Wow, that is a very bald butt! :jawdrop:

As pre-molt comes on, the color will change from peach/flesh to almost completely black. If you see the black area spreading, you know it's going to molt soon. That may be starting already, judging from the photo.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. TROCKMONEYK

TROCKMONEYK Arachnopeon

Ok, thanks, I never noticed the color change when he molted before.

7. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

For larger tarantulas, it's not obvious unless they have a bald spot. (The hair will hide the color change.)

8. MrTwister

MrTwister Arachnosquire

Just read the first paragraph of the 6 year old original post. Good to know B. albos are nw spiders because they have eight legs..

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Bottle caps. Pop, ocean spray, and soon little ceasers dipping sauce dishes xD