Brachypelma albopilosum "Nicaragua" Mated & Ready To Drop Them Eggs

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
DSC_0513.JPG DSC_0520.JPG DSC_0538.JPG DSC_0551.JPG Third Egg Sac:

This is my third egg sac Brachypelma albopilosum "Nicaragua". It has been 21 days since the female produced the egg sac. Everything is good with the exception of a couple of eggs that either went bad or undeveloped.

These egg sacs aren't as big as I thought it would be. The bigger sac that had the most slings has 444 baby slings. The other two egg sacs number has around 300 to 350 baby spiderlings. Either way between all three egg sacs there is at least 1000 spiderlings. So I'm glad I mated more than one female.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
View attachment 240567 View attachment 240568 View attachment 240569 View attachment 240571 Third Egg Sac:

This is my third egg sac Brachypelma albopilosum "Nicaragua". It has been 21 days since the female produced the egg sac. Everything is good with the exception of a couple of eggs that either went bad or undeveloped.

These egg sacs aren't as big as I thought it would be. The bigger sac that had the most slings has 444 baby slings. The other two egg sacs number has around 300 to 350 baby spiderlings. Either way between all three egg sacs there is at least 1000 spiderlings. So I'm glad I mated more than one female.
:eek:

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
DSC_0667.JPG DSC_0669.JPG DSC_0682.JPG DSC_0694.JPG DSC_0701.JPG DSC_0712.JPG Hello! I finally opened the fourth egg sac, every single egg was good with the exception of two bad eggs and two undeveloped eggs were bad. Not bad!

This egg sac was the biggest out of the four egg sacs that I opened. Don't know how many babies but I'm thinking over 600 on this egg sac, which brings the total way over 1600 babies between my babies and the other egg sac that my friend Travis Jenkins has at his place.

I'm totally happy with this accomplishment that my wild caught females produced healthy egg sacs.

These Brachypelma albopilosum "Nicaraguan" captive born babies will help clean up the muddled up Brachypelma albopilosum "Honduran" that have been hybridized for many years.

These captive born babies are the real deal, a fresh start in the US hobby for all you arachnid lovers.

Some of the babies that are in a bundled and cuddling will be ready soon for future owners.

For those of you who have known me for many centuries this is what I've been doing after I retired from High School . Tarantulas has been my main hobby for many years.......I have to thank Christian Hanney whom introduced to his tarantula that made me want to get my own.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
These Brachypelma albopilosum "Nicaraguan" captive born babies will help clean up the muddled up Brachypelma albopilosum "Honduran" that have been hybridized for many years.
That's really cool. I already have one with pinkish setae, but I'd like one of the ones with white setae too. They just look so fluffy! If you are selling them down the line, let me know.

Last edited:

Nixphat

Arachnosquire
I just found this thread today and it is AMAZING! It's like a Netflix binge but in the form of tarantulas! This sp is definitely now on my list. Amazing egg sacs, and I love the look of the MF! Congrats!! :astonished:

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
IMG_5365.JPG To everyone thank you kindly! I appreciate the thumbs up, this has been a nice little project for me and the results from wild caught parents in captivity has been accomplished.

I might as well post a really nice photo of a female of this species, maybe this will help some of you change your mind about getting one from whom ever that may be you be acquiring some of my babies from.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
View attachment 241558 To everyone thank you kindly! I appreciate the thumbs up, this has been a nice little project for me and the results from wild caught parents in captivity has been accomplished.

I might as well post a really nice photo of a female of this species, maybe this will help some of you change your mind about getting one from whom ever that may be you be acquiring some of my babies from.
I want one. Maybe two. Maybe...

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Man, ive wanted one of these since i started research on my first! The hobby form is all i can seem to find without hitting the internet and paying some unforetold amount on shipping. But i will be saving for this. So. Freakin. Pretty. Glad you were so successful!

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Great job with them! You're doing the hobby a real service by making more of the Nicaraguan form.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
DSC_0685.JPG DSC_0702.JPG Brachypelma albopilosum "Nicaragua" - Egg Sac #6

This is my last egg sac of the year of this species. I don't know how many days it has been since she produced the sac I never paid closed attention. I opened it 30 minutes ago and they've developed into 1st instar inside the sac. I suppose they'll developed into 2nd instar within a month from now.

Fun! Fun! Fun! Lots of babies all the egg sacs that my ladies produced were perfectly good sacs. The mature male I had died a happy spidey. Good job spidey! RIP.

I had fun posting this thread. I never did breed the Honduran species so breeding the Nicaraguan was great fun and to have great success with a total of 6 egg sacs in one year.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
View attachment 246267 View attachment 246268 Brachypelma albopilosum "Nicaragua" - Egg Sac #6

This is my last egg sac of the year of this species. I don't know how many days it has been since she produced the sac I never paid closed attention. I opened it 30 minutes ago and they've developed into 1st instar inside the sac. I suppose they'll developed into 2nd instar within a month from now.

Fun! Fun! Fun! Lots of babies all the egg sacs that my ladies produced were perfectly good sacs. The mature male I had died a happy spidey. Good job spidey! RIP.

I had fun posting this thread. I never did breed the Honduran species so breeding the Nicaraguan was great fun and to have great success with a total of 6 egg sacs.
Those little suckers are so cute!

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
View attachment 246267 View attachment 246268 Brachypelma albopilosum "Nicaragua" - Egg Sac #6

I had fun posting this thread. I never did breed the Honduran species so breeding the Nicaraguan was great fun and to have great success with a total of 6 egg sacs in one year.
Beebees <3

OctoPhid

Arachnopeon
Just discovered this thread, congrats on all the slings! I might be interested in two or three..