Brachypelma Albopilosum doing yoga?

AmberDawnDays

Arachnoknight
I caught my B. Albo doing something today and I'm not really sure what it's doing. It just molted a couple days ago. I'm pretty sure it's grooming itself, but I've never seen any of my Ts do such a thorough cleaning. It looks like it's doing yoga, brushing it's hair, & scratching it's abdomen. I'm not really sure. I uploaded the video to YouTube just so I can post the footage on here.

I'm sure someone has seen this behavior before. Is it grooming or scratching an itch? Maybe just flattening down all it's wild hairs? Here's the link:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I caught my B. Albo doing something today and I'm not really sure what it's doing. It just molted a couple days ago. I'm pretty sure it's grooming itself, but I've never seen any of my Ts do such a thorough cleaning. It looks like it's doing yoga, brushing it's hair, & scratching it's abdomen. I'm not really sure. I uploaded the video to YouTube just so I can post the footage on here.

I'm sure someone has seen this behavior before. Is it grooming or scratching an itch? Maybe just flattening down all it's wild hairs? Here's the link:

Grooming. 2 days post molt it will still be soft and stretching.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
She is grooming. I fed my large P.cam female a big dubia roach this weekend. When she was done she did this for about an hour by her water dish. Several of my Ts have done this.

It's neat you got a good video of it. :)

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I don't even upload to YouTube (not ever before today), but I had to for this one. I really wanted to be able to share it here.

I still can't get over how cool Ts are.
That's me. My YouTube channel has only a few videos ( most of them are Ts molting). They are really cool. :)

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Definitely grooming as the others said. My B. albo literally scratches her butt sometimes. I start cracking up every time I see her doing it. She's technically just grooming her spinnerets but it's still funny.

Leonardo the Mage

Arachnosquire
This is how they get rid of all those little bits and pieces of substrait off most of their bodies. They aren't going to shake it off like a dog!

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
The grooming process was my favorite part of my A. seemani. Was. Now he's a reclusive son of a bench (alternative fact: benches reproduce) that just sits in his hole and turns in circles. Looks like Travolta in Pulp Fiction, honestly. No more fun behaviors. But apparently this means im doing it right. So. Oooooh well.

Last edited:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I'm sure someone has seen this behavior before. Is it grooming or scratching an itch? Maybe just flattening down all it's wild hairs?
Full-body grooming mode activated!

So they do this often? I've never gotten to see it before today. I've only ever witnessed grooming of the pedipalps and 1st legs.
I catch my little Acanthoscurria geniculata doing this about once every other week. (Other times, she just grooms her palps and/or front legs.) It's really funny when all of the legs on one side get going.

AmberDawnDays

Arachnoknight
I wanted to think of a cool name for this T that is somehow related to yoga. All I could think of is Yogi Bear and that's isn't even related to yoga, but still I like it.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I wanted to think of a cool name for this T that is somehow related to yoga. All I could think of is Yogi Bear and that's isn't even related to yoga, but still I like it.
You could always call it Yoga Bear. There is a spider pose in Yoga BTW. :D

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
"Yogi" is actually the word for someone who does yoga. Would work fine!

Last edited: