Brachypelma albipolosum Honduras vs Nicaragua

Cas S

Arachnoknight
just wondering, whats the difference between the two forms?

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Colour and the length/colour/curliness of the setae, here's my Honduran albopilosum, my Nicaraguan form is barely even a juvie and doesn't have its curlies yet so not really good for comparison.

View media item 48912
The setae on the Nicaraguan form are longer/curlier/whiter

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
Here's a mature pair of Nicaraguan curlies, (Stiffler and mitzy are their names lol) they're much curlier/darker than the Honduran form, but both forms have the docile temperment that make curly hair tarantulas amazing. 20171026_141340.jpg 008 MF B.Albopilosum.jpg

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
B. albopilosum (Nicaragua) look better simple as that, both are mellow. My huge adult female Nicaraguan B. albopilosum is a good example.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
No :banghead:

Now that I think about it, I think I saw someone pulling an eggsac from it, so maybe that´s why I thought they where so mean
Individuals temperaments vary in tarantulas, just like in humans. No two are the same.

Dovey

Arachnobaron
Ummm, they are......both are readily available and inexpensive.... @SkittleBunny just hatched a sac and has some available.
Aside: I've been away from the forum for a few weeks, and I have to say I just love your new profile picture! Now we have to figure out how you're going to send me some fillets with any spiders when we make a deal! Fish are friendly food!

cold blood

Staff member
Aside: I've been away from the forum for a few weeks, and I have to say I just love your new profile picture! Now we have to figure out how you're going to send me some fillets with any spiders when we make a deal! Fish are friendly food!
All fish pictured were subsequently released ;)

If you are gonna eat them, this would be the kind you would want...not a bass....

Resized952018062395085152.jpg

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No :banghead:

Now that I think about it, I think I saw someone pulling an eggsac from it, so maybe that´s why I thought they where so mean
T's wouldn't have existed for long if they didn't put up a fight when something tries to steal their babies.