1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brachy vs Brachy

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Sky`Scorcher, Apr 3, 2009.

Which?

Poll closed Apr 10, 2009.
  1. Brachypelma Boehmei

49 vote(s)
    80.3%
  2. Brachypelma Vagans

12 vote(s)
    19.7%
  1. Sky`Scorcher

Sky`Scorcher Arachnoknight

Advertisement
    Vagans? or a Boehmei?

I can't decide, really. :confused:

I have males for both but I can only afford one right now.

2. I think boehmei wins this one {D

3. gvfarns

gvfarns Arachnoprince

I don't think anyone's going to vote vagans. Boehmei is quite a bit more valuable T (and in many people's eyes, more beautiful) than vagans.

4. DrJ

DrJ Arachnobaron

It really depends...I prefer the boehmei solely for its colourful flare. But, the vagans tend to be more laid back and look like a large black tarantula from a distance. I probably get more compliments on my vagans than I do my boehmeis. However, I personally like the boehmei better.

EDIT: Laid back in the sense that I don't get haired all over the place when I have to move them...

5. i think the boehmei wins mine too.

6. KJE

KJE Arachnoangel Old Timer

Ohio
    I've had multiples of both. I prefer B. boehmei over B. vagans. My vagans always seemed to burrow or hide where as my boehmei is always out in the open. Plus, I like the looks of the boehmei more.

7. gumby

gumby Arachnoprince

Ive had both and found my B. vagans a little more docile and easy to handle and the B. Boehmei has always been one of my favorite Ts as far as looks go. from the first day I saw a B. Boehmei on botarby8s

8. Shrike

Shrike Arachnoprince

Lets go with vagans! A black T with a nice red color accent. B. Boehmei are certainly more colorful, but there is something about B. vagans that I've always liked. I do know this: You can't really go wrong with either one.

9. Lennie Collins

Lennie Collins Arachnobaron

Same here! I had a brachypelma vagans and she only came out from under her hide to eat or molt. My brachypelma boehmei is out in the open 90% of the time!

10. wedge07

wedge07 Arachnolord

Get both, I like them both and plan to get both eventually.

11. Both are quite beautiful, but I'd go with boehmei. It'd be a much better display T. ;)

12. i'd still go for vagans!
    i even sold my b. baumgarteni to get this one lol:D

13. mitchrobot

mitchrobot Arachnoknight

100% go with boehmei :cool:

mine is always out and about, great feeding response and waaaaay better looking IMO. i have both large females of boemei and vagans, even as an adult my vagans still spends most of its time in its burrow. and really isnt that nice looking :p

14. Miss Bianca

Miss Bianca Arachnoprince

I say Boehmei. Besides being notorious kickers,
    they're awesome and awesome coloration.

15. moose35

moose35 Arachnoprince Old Timer

:D i'd say get the brachy...

moose

16. Mister Internet

Mister Internet Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :) Arachnosupporter

How are the prices on adult males for those remotely similar?

17. gvfarns

gvfarns Arachnoprince

The way I read the original post, he was saying he has males of both and wants to get them a female. Maybe that was wrong, though.

I wonder if the pricing is all different in the Philippines so that boehmei are relatively cheaper than they are here. It certainly doesn't seem like a comparison of equal value items, as I pointed out earlier.

18. papilio

papilio Arachnoprince Arachnosupporter

The boehmei for sure! Gorgeous T! And despite what has so often been written, as long as they are handled reasonably gently, none of mine have ever kicked hairs -- and I hate bald spots! Nor are mine the least bit skittish -- though as we all know each T has its own temperament.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  19. wedge07

wedge07 Arachnolord

Actually it is probably that the vagans is more expensive over there than it is here, making them closer in price.

20. Sky`Scorcher

Sky`Scorcher Arachnoknight

Yup actually vagans have the same price with boehmei here.