BP feeding

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
No, that is definitely not enough. For some slower metabolism species that is fine, but not for ball pythons. An appropriately sized rat every 7-14 days is acceptable.

zyphonix223

Arachnosquire
No, that is definitely not enough. For some slower metabolism species that is fine, but not for ball pythons. An appropriately sized rat every 7-14 days is acceptable.
Okay thanks! Yeah I knew that couldn't be right, every 3 weeks is good?

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
I wouldn't wait longer than two weeks between feeds. At 1500 grams it still has alot of growing to do, unless it is a small male. 7-14 days is best.

How old is it?

zyphonix223

Arachnosquire
I wouldn't wait longer than two weeks between feeds. At 1500 grams it still has alot of growing to do, unless it is a small male. 7-14 days is best.
Oh really? Okay thanks, I though he was kinda large for a male lol. Because everyone says males grow 2-3 feet.
What would be a large male? Thanks! -Evan

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Snakes are super variable. You can have two full grown ten year old males, one will be 3 feet and 1000 grams, another will be over 4 feet and over 2000 grams.

More important than his size is his age. If he is an older snake then yeah you can get away with stretching his feeding to every three weeks, but only if he is keeping good shape. Meaning he shouldn't be skinny and he shouldn't be fat.

Mordax8393

Arachnoknight
I have a half size female. She eats a small rat once every 2 weeks and her weight is healthy.