Both of my female Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens are molting around the same time

Cullen Woodruff

Arachnopeon
I have 2 female GBBs, one is a Juvenile and one is an Adult. About a week ago my juvenile molted and not even a week later my adult specimen has gone into premolt. It’s kinda sad the adult has decided to molt because she was bred about 2 months ago. Anyway, I think it’s interesting that 2 Tarantulas of the same species are molting only a few weeks apart from each other. I also have two male GBBs who actually matured out around the same time back in May. coincidence? I don’t believe so. I hypothesise that some species may have molting seasons where a majority of the species molt. I have even thought that the males may mature a few months before the females do so When they begin to seek out females to breed with they are freshly molted and ready to breed. I was wondering if anybody else’s GBBs have molted within the last month or two, or if anybody has observed two tarantulas of the same species molt around the same time in there collection.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Awesome are they from the same time eggsack? I’ve had this happen before but not often. I got two gbb, the male didn’t breed we’ll failure. Males no longer alive.

Cullen Woodruff

Arachnopeon
Awesome are they from the same time eggsack? I’ve had this happen before but not often. I got two gbb, the male didn’t breed we’ll failure. Males no longer alive.
As far as I know neither the males or females are not from the same sack. They all came from different parts of my country ,(the United States) but I guess anything Is possible. Sorry about your male, The male I had mated my female with was almost eaten during my first mating session. Then I tried increasing the humidity and wetting the females web slightly to simulate a rainy season which is when they mate in the wild. After two weeks of increased humidity I fed the female as much as she would eat and sure enough when I reintroduced the male they mated easily. It’s to bad mines molting now and not giving me a sack, but I’ll try again in the future

WoofSpider

Arachnosquire
I have actually considered something similar.

It might just be confirmation bias, but it does seem to me that one of my Ts molt, then I will have a few more molt in the next few days after.

So I do think that some kind of environmental factor is in play.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I have actually considered something similar.

It might just be confirmation bias, but it does seem to me that one of my Ts molt, then I will have a few more molt in the next few days after.

when I had more Ts. I had as many as 6-12 molt in the same week. Usually at end of winter too, lots of molts.

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
I'm sure the heat has a lot to do with it. I've had quite a few molts in the last month. My GBB's are from the same sack, so they usually molt within days of each other. There is one out of the four that is way behind the others, though. It usually molts a few weeks after the other three.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
As far as I know neither the males or females are not from the same sack. They all came from different parts of my country ,(the United States) but I guess anything Is possible. Sorry about your male, The male I had mated my female with was almost eaten during my first mating session. Then I tried increasing the humidity and wetting the females web slightly to simulate a rainy season which is when they mate in the wild. After two weeks of increased humidity I fed the female as much as she would eat and sure enough when I reintroduced the male they mated easily. It’s to bad mines molting now and not giving me a sack, but I’ll try again in the future
That’s I think what happened to my red rump prior to it dying trying to molt while looking fat like eggsack might be coming. Dark abdomen was not good molt . Need another red rump someday.

cold blood

Staff member
Conditions play a major role. After heavy rains for instance, its typical for ts to molt in mass in a large collection. Under ideal conditions some will molt a little early, others that have been waiting for a long time may also molt.