Bold jumping spider babies.Help please?

Duckytart83

Arachnopeon
Ok,so Morty is doing great,he's still down a leg,but seriously getting around marvelously. A few days after posting my previous question I was cleaning my room,went to move the ash tray,and clean up some spilled ash...until it starting waving it's legs at me.Turns out,it wasn't a pile of ash at all,it was a female phidippus audaux.I know female,because she laid an egg.It's been almsot 3 weeks,and I gently encouraged a few of the babies out (10ish). I put them in 2 different containers,1 large one with twigs,and green fish tank gravel,and 1 small one with the same gravel..1 tiny table,and some chairs in those containers.Did all that before the transfer....they were doing great,I can't even find 1 now...not even a corpse. They are the size of fleas.They were well sealed. I know they hide well.How do I find them to know it's safe to put the fruitlflies in?Also,did I take them out too soon?I separated them quite easily from their mom,day 2. Are they going to be ok? I'm new to this one,and want a few to watch grow go through all 5 molts,etc. The only 1 I can find of those taken out is in a pill bottle,and it killed a fruitfly yesterday.Many are chilling in the hammock,only coming out for food...like 38 of those.What do I do,and what did I do wrong?

Little Grey Spider

Arachnoknight
You shouldn't be 'encouraging' them out of the sack. They emerge when they are ready. Spiderlings do not need tables and chairs (now *there's* a sentence I never thought I'd say) and I would not put gravel in. I wouldn't even put substrate in at that size. Tossing in a fruit fly won't hurt them. They'll find it if the enclosure is small enough. Leave the sac alone. When they emerge en masse THEN you can and should separate them. The others may do just fine, they molt often at that size so when you moved them they might have been getting ready to molt so they set up a tiny sac somewhere. Give them flightless fruitflies and gently mist the enclosure for hydration. A fine mist, they can drown in bigger droplets. Good luck.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
To me, your missing spider problem may come from tour ventillation. Some pics would help, but the only way they could get out would be a space or a hole for ventillation. Also, this is just me, but all theseextra little chairs and things are bot good for them. I would have to see them, but they don't really enjoy them. They need to be in small dram vials or enclosures, with very little sub and a fly every so often.

Duckytart83

Arachnopeon
Ok,the table and chairs/gravel will go. The spiders I have usually stay at the top,so I didn't think it would matter much other than giving them something to jump on.

Duckytart83

Arachnopeon
Ok,the table and chairs/gravel will go. The spiders I have usually stay at the top,so I didn't think it would matter much other than giving them something to jump on.
Also,returning them to hammock as I find them, they are going back in

hernameisjesse

Arachnopeon
I'm curious how are the table and chairs a bad thing? Certainly in the wild their are many, many more obstacles to navigate around then that? Tiny furniture is hilarious to me if nothing else.

Andee

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
It's not an issue for an adult so much, it's easier for you to notice if they get injured etc. But slings get killed very easily by even incorrect substrate.