1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bob The Hornworm Caterpillar

Discussion in 'Insects, Other Invertebrates & Arthropods' started by EtienneN, Oct 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. EtienneN

EtienneN Arachnonovelist-musician-artist Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    So I got an assorted box of hornworms for my Ts and found a huge 5th instar hornworm. I obviously couldn’t feed something that size to any of my spiders so I promptly gave him a quarter of an orange including the peel and he has buried himself in moist substrate. I believe he’s getting ready to pupate. Will update. Not sure what I’d do with a big moth but I guess we’ll see.

• Like Like x 4
  2. PidderPeets

PidderPeets Arachnoprince Arachnosupporter

They're fun little creatures. I'm sure you know, but the moths are fairly large and bulky, and have some striking orange on their body. Just make sure that whatever you house the pupa in has something so it can climb and properly inflate it's wings when it encloses

• Like Like x 1
  3. In like seventh grade i bought one of those tiny boxes with one hornworm in it from petsmart and named it bob. I grew too attached to feed it to my gecko. RIP - Bob 2k16

• Love Love x 1
  4. MintyWood826

MintyWood826 Arachnobaron Active Member

USA
  5. EtienneN

EtienneN Arachnonovelist-musician-artist Arachnosupporter

Sure, my mom took a few weird ones and said act like you are going to kiss it like it’s Prince Charming. Yep, my family is definitely not weird.:hilarious: