Board member leaving hobby .. Thank you

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
One of our members has decided to leave the hobby and passed the remainder of his collection on to me..
So A Big Thank You......

Brachypelma vagans
2018-03-04 21.38.58.jpg

Lasiodora difficilis

2018-03-04 21.56.21.jpg

And my first pokey
Poecilotheria regalis
2018-03-04 21.21.51.jpg

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
wow i could never imagine leaving this hobby its pretty much the only thing keeping me sane through the stress of high school. i cant imagine how hard it must be for them. tell them i said good luck on there endevers after this. and wow good for you man that must be pretty exiting having a bunch of new, free Ts

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
wow i could never imagine leaving this hobby its pretty much the only thing keeping me sane through the stress of high school. i cant imagine how hard it must be for them. tell them i said good luck on there endevers after this. and wow good for you man that must be pretty exiting having a bunch of new, free Ts
Really excited especially about the poec as its a first for me

basin79

ArachnoGod
I HATE the term hobby for having pet tarantulas. Dispise it.

basin79

ArachnoGod
What? Cause they're living animals and should be called a "lifestyle"? Ridiculous. They don't love, think, or even care.
It's just my opinion. I think they deserve more than to be referred to as a hobby. However lifestyle is also wrong. Vegetarianism is a lifestyle.

I'm well aware I'm in the minority regarding this.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
It's just my opinion. I think they deserve more than to be referred to as a hobby. However lifestyle is also wrong. Vegetarianism is a lifestyle.

What is your preferred term? A keeper? Wrangler? Theraphosiculturalist?

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
What other term would you use?

Breeders can use the term breeder..
The rest of us, most other animal groups
Example. Reptile or fish use the term hobby.
I am not opposed to other terms .. Just cant think of one thats appropriate.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I have only one issue with the word/term/whatever called 'Hobby', and this is not related at all to T's, but at a 360°.

To me 'Hobby' sounds like a pretty 'cheap' word/term, to me reminds of those that, on a pure Sunday morning (no matter if they are complete 'good for nothing') thinks to be, don't know, McGyver, and improvise themselves as electricians, ending up with their hairs 'shocked' like not even Rafeal Caro Quintero after a nice dose of Cocaine.

Or like those that aren't even good to put a shelf on the wall. No well, I love those, because happened that yours truly did that for them, receiving the compliments of their - pissed off - chicks :mooning:

'See how much Chris is skilled, eh?!! Change hobby, idiot!' eh eh eh, coming from a nation where Maschilism is still important, that helped :angelic:

Last edited:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor

Why?