Blueys are starting to go!

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was hoping for a bit better start to the bluey season, but something is better than nothing. Even if that something looks like a little premie bluey with 3 slugs. This mother of this litter was a rescue in 2009. She came in so underweight that it was touch and go for a bit. Fast forward a couple years and now she's doing well. She didn't show any signs of taking after mating with the male so I had given up on her. Last night though we found the 3 unfertilized ova and the baby still in its sac. We thought it was stillborn until I picked it up and it began to wiggle and open its eyes. It has since eaten its embryonic sac.

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
That is cool! I love blueys!! That wee baby is too cute.

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Amazing 2nd pic how whats the full name of them, how big they get, you gonna have any for sale/

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Amazing 2nd pic how whats the full name of them, how big they get, you gonna have any for sale/
They're blue tongue skinks. This is the northern subspecies Tiliqua scincoides intermedia. So far two of my females have only produced slugs and the one above. Provided any of the other girls give birth this year I should have some for sale. The northerns are the largest of the blueys with sizes over 24" not unheard of. I have a few 26" girls and the rest are between 22 and 24".

J.