Blue death feigning beetles....

cvu524

Arachnopeon
Hi all,
I have 2 scorps, a Hottentota Hottentota and an Androctonus Australis. I'm thinking of picking up a few of these guys as a clean-up crew in the tank. Would they get along well with these scorps, without them trying to kill each other? I know BDFB are usually housed and get along trouble-free with giant desert hairies but couldn't find an answer for HH and AA. Thank you everyone for your input and knowledge!! Much thanks!

Nir Avraham

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I won't recommend that. The beetles have hard shells and they can kill scorpions easily during they shed.

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
Hi all,
I have 2 scorps, a Hottentota Hottentota and an Androctonus Australis. I'm thinking of picking up a few of these guys as a clean-up crew in the tank. Would they get along well with these scorps, without them trying to kill each other? I know BDFB are usually housed and get along trouble-free with giant desert hairies but couldn't find an answer for HH and AA. Thank you everyone for your input and knowledge!! Much thanks!
I’ve personally neber tried it but I’d give it a go. The beetles are virtually indestructible and I’ve never heard of them eating a molting scorpion though anything’s possibleni guess.

Nir Avraham

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I’ve personally neber tried it but I’d give it a go. The beetles are virtually indestructible and I’ve never heard of them eating a molting scorpion though anything’s possibleni guess.
I've heard about cockroaches that ate a molting scorpion... It's too risky in my opinion...

Xaratos

Arachnopeon
I keep 2 of them in a 20L with my Desert Hairy and they do very well together going on 3 months now, But that was the only species I heard anyone mixing them with.

Chris WT

Arachnosquire
I think unlikely. I never put any of my blues with my H. Arizonensis because I was confident they would be crushed. I personally do not species mix

cvu524

Arachnopeon
Welp I'm glad to report that my Hottentota and A. Australis are getting along well with each other. The scorps leave the BDFB alone and just brush them aside with their tails when they are near each other. It's pretty neat watching them interact. No issues whatsoever