1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blue death feigning beetles....

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by cvu524, Jun 14, 2018.

1. cvu524

cvu524 Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Hi all,
    I have 2 scorps, a Hottentota Hottentota and an Androctonus Australis. I'm thinking of picking up a few of these guys as a clean-up crew in the tank. Would they get along well with these scorps, without them trying to kill each other? I know BDFB are usually housed and get along trouble-free with giant desert hairies but couldn't find an answer for HH and AA. Thank you everyone for your input and knowledge!! Much thanks!

2. Nir Avraham

Nir Avraham Arachnoknight

Asia
    I won't recommend that. The beetles have hard shells and they can kill scorpions easily during they shed.

3. AnimalNewbie

AnimalNewbie Arachnobaron Active Member

I’ve personally neber tried it but I’d give it a go. The beetles are virtually indestructible and I’ve never heard of them eating a molting scorpion though anything’s possibleni guess.

4. Nir Avraham

Nir Avraham Arachnoknight

Asia
    I've heard about cockroaches that ate a molting scorpion... It's too risky in my opinion...

5. Xaratos

Xaratos Arachnopeon

I keep 2 of them in a 20L with my Desert Hairy and they do very well together going on 3 months now, But that was the only species I heard anyone mixing them with.

6. Chris WT

Chris WT Arachnosquire Active Member

I think unlikely. I never put any of my blues with my H. Arizonensis because I was confident they would be crushed. I personally do not species mix

7. cvu524

cvu524 Arachnopeon

Welp I'm glad to report that my Hottentota and A. Australis are getting along well with each other. The scorps leave the BDFB alone and just brush them aside with their tails when they are near each other. It's pretty neat watching them interact. No issues whatsoever

• Like Like x 1