Blue death feigning beetle substrate

BeetlePerson

Arachnopeon
I'm currently keeping my blue death feigning beetles with a calcium sand substrate, and I've been hearing bad things about it. Is it okay to keep my beetles on calcium sand?

All About Arthropods

Arachnoknight
I would not keep any invert on calcium sand, for some reason it seems like everything that is kept on it ends up ailing prematurely. I'd switch them to the normal "desert/quartz sand" that you can commonly pick up at pet stores.

BeetlePerson

Arachnopeon
I would not keep any invert on calcium sand, for some reason it seems like everything that is kept on it ends up ailing prematurely. I'd switch them to the normal "desert/quartz sand" that you can commonly pick up at pet stores.
That's not good. Will it harm them if I leave them on it for a few days until I can order some sand, or will it be better to keep them on paper towels? I'll order crushed walnut shell substrate to replace it.

All About Arthropods

Arachnoknight
Paper towels would be better for now. They don't really burrow anyway, so as long as you provide some hides, they should be fine until you get the new substrate. :)

BeetlePerson

Arachnopeon
Paper towels would be better for now. They don't really burrow anyway, so as long as you provide some hides, they should be fine until you get the new substrate. :)
Yeah, they already have some hides in their enclosure. I already have them on paper towels and I'll be ordering the new substrate soon. Thanks for helping me!