Blue death feigning beetle question

BeetlePerson

Arachnopeon
I'm getting some blue death feigning beetles soon, and I have some questions about keeping them. I live in a house where the windows are blocked out, and I'm planning to put the beetles in a room that only lights up if the lights are on- otherwise, it gets pretty dark sometimes. I was wondering if this would interrupt them from doing things? I want to make sure they can be comfortable.

Also, do I need a heat pad if the room temperature is 62°F? Thanks.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
A little bit more light would be good, but I think they'd still do alright without it. 62 is on the lower end for them, so a heat pad might not hurt. I'm sure they'd still be fine, but they'd be a lot less active.

BeetlePerson

Arachnopeon
A little bit more light would be good, but I think they'd still do alright without it. 62 is on the lower end for them, so a heat pad might not hurt. I'm sure they'd still be fine, but they'd be a lot less active.
Okay, I'll place a heat pad on the bottom of their terrarium and take them to a lighted up room every morning. I also might consider buying a heat lamp so I wouldn't have to move them around so much. Thanks for helping me out!

Last edited: