Blue Death feigning beetle (Asbolus verrucosus) having trouble walking/standing

Maddy

Arachnopeon
Hello,
One of my blue death feigning beetles has been falling onto his back and then instead of pushing himself back onto his feet as they usually do, he has been flailing his legs and then remaining on his back with his legs curled. I have been helping him back onto his feet, but he soon falls back over again and the process repeats. Does anyone here know anything I can do for him?
Thanks
Also, this beetle's age is unknown and this has been going on for about 2 days. The beetle also seems to walk/keep balance better on paper towels as opposed to the usual sand substrate.

Last edited:

Maddy

Arachnopeon
Update: The beetle died last weekend. If you should still stumble across this thread and have any sort of idea what caused this to happen, please do reply.

Millipedeman7

Arachnopeon
hey there! bugs just die sometimes! Especially with wild caught, we really don't know how old they are or if they had internal parasites/were sick etc. Try not to feel too bad!

alvap

Arachnopeon
Update: The beetle died last weekend. If you should still stumble across this thread and have any sort of idea what caused this to happen, please do reply.
hello, I just came across your post and I recently posted a similar question. I am new to this and bought 4 DFB about a month ago. One of them has a hard time walking and often find him like this (see photo). he limps a little and is very lethargic (compared to the other 3). is this how yours acted? im beginning to think mine may be dying.

Attachments