Blu tack in Phidippus enclosures

Gogyeng

Arachnobaron
Recently I had a subadult male Phidippus regius which I found in a death curl at the bottom of the enclosure. I use a 1L upside down bittle with cross ventilation. I have a top perforation which I seal with 'blue tack', and open at conveniency to deliver flies, at the moment Lucilia sericata, green bottle flies. At the moment I am usinga partial heat-mat exposure approach to circumvent the problem of dropping tempetatures in the room. I don't have a whole-room heating system. All other spiders of phidippus genus are doing fine except this specimen, which tended to stick to the blue tack. Has anybody used blue tack / had problems with this material in enclosures?
Any advice is welcome.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
Hi I bought some acrylic enclosures online and have used Blu tack to secure the doors but my inverts can't really come in contact with it.
I think if your spider has been observed sticking to it, it may be too warm. I would alter this so its safer. Use a different product like stick on Velcro dots etc

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Recently I had a subadult male Phidippus regius which I found in a death curl at the bottom of the enclosure. I use a 1L upside down bittle with cross ventilation. I have a top perforation which I seal with 'blue tack', and open at conveniency to deliver flies, at the moment Lucilia sericata, green bottle flies. At the moment I am usinga partial heat-mat exposure approach to circumvent the problem of dropping tempetatures in the room. I don't have a whole-room heating system. All other spiders of phidippus genus are doing fine except this specimen, which tended to stick to the blue tack. Has anybody used blue tack / had problems with this material in enclosures?
Any advice is welcome.
I’ve never used Blu tack in an enclosure but, if it is anywhere near heat the softer it is the stickier it becomes so this could be contributing to it. Cover any parts that the spider can get stuck on with Talc powder if you have any this will stop it being as sticky