Blood leg vs fire leg

cobhc666

Arachnopeon
Can anyone tell me if there's a difference between Mexican fire legs and Mexican blood legs? I'm thinking of getting a tarantula, but can't find out if the 2 I mentioned r the same species or not. They look the same but I could really use some help. Thanx

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Can anyone tell me if there's a difference between Mexican fire legs and Mexican blood legs? I'm thinking of getting a tarantula, but can't find out if the 2 I mentioned r the same species or not. They look the same but I could really use some help. Thanx
Ask the seller for a scientific name, and if you can't get one, (which is a big and pervasive problem) post a picture.

synyster

Arachnobaron
Probably both are Brachypelma's.

If I had to take a guess with those common names, I would say B.boehmei as fire legs and B.emilia as blood legs...

Anyways, pretty much the same care for both.

EDIT: Google tends to push the blood legs as B.albiceps

cnapple

Arachnoknight
I always thought bloodlegs were Aphonopelma bicoloratum & firelegs were B. boehmei. Case in point of why you should get the latin name. :wall::p

synyster

Arachnobaron
I always thought bloodlegs were Aphonopelma bicoloratum & firelegs were B. boehmei. Case in point of why you should get the latin name. :wall::p
Yeah my bad, it is A.bicoloratum.

I hate common names....

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i have both and they are worlds apart. i would go for the bicoloratum if you can actually get it as it's a more difficult to acquire species and super chill.

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Red leg is a B. emilia...
Blood leg is a B boehmei...

Peace!!!

Last edited:

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
What about a fire blood-red leg knee?
That's my favorite!

FrostyCakee

Arachnosquire
I dont know what any of you guys are talking about everyone knows that the best T is the Metallic birdeating goliath firey blood kneed salmon skeleton red leg rose hair.

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No, blood legs are A. bicoloratum and firelegs are B. boehmei. Good luck finding a bicoloratum, I've been trying to track one down! They are hard as heck to find, but apparently they are worth it!

Red leg is an B. emilia...
Blood leg is a B boehmei...

Peace!!!