Blondi color variations

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looking at several pictures of Goliath spiders I've noticed that the colors range from light brown to black and even orange-ish. Are these colors different because of where they were collected geographically or is it a type of color phase? I realize some may have to do with imminent molts but I doubt the range in color can be that extreme.....of course I could be wrong (it's been known to happen) .

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have always wondered the same thing. I used to own a 7 inch GOliath and she was really dark black and she had tarsal stripes that were a creamy color. She wasnt brown at all. I had her for a over a year and a half without a molt so I dunno if it was a immininent molt that could spark a change in color or not.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by blackacidevil
Looking at several pictures of Goliath spiders I've noticed that the colors range from light brown to black and even orange-ish. Are these colors different because of where they were collected geographically or is it a type of color phase? I realize some may have to do with imminent molts but I doubt the range in color can be that extreme.....of course I could be wrong (it's been known to happen) .
Hi,
My Kaja, turns to a very light, dusty tan, right before a molt. At present, about a month after her latest molt, her rump is mostly black, while the rest of her is a reddish color.
Peace,
Gillian

NorthwestInverts

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah usually see the color change during the molt cycle with the redish brown coming up shortly before a molt, and almost a black fresh after a molt, usually turning to darker brown to brown to redish brown b-4 the molt again. something along those lines, but Not always exactly like that. Their color is affected by the molt process.

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nixy
Need a blondi.......
ditto. ive found 7" adults for £65, sadly i dont have that... maybe IF the lividum egg works...

im sure the colour will differ (even if not as standard) between gender wont it?