Blind babies

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi,
Long time I have not written here ! :8o
Well, juste a few pics to share good news recently found in my B.xambeui breeding. It seems they are happy with my cave conditions.
Cheers!
Eric

Attachments

Chaika

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow, that's awsome. I just can't help thinking 'the eyes, where are the eyes?!' :D

Well done on breeding the 'rarest scorpion in Europe'! :clap:

Last edited:

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:worship: Very cool.... I love this hobby. There is always more amazement a thread away.

Selket

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Definitely PhotoShopped!!! haha just kidding. That is pretty awesome!! Congrats on the brood!

Koh_

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congrats on the brood! they look all healthy too.

it might be only me but i just feel like i have to draw 'eyes' there.!

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Id this genus in the Superstitioniidae family? Very cool.

John

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i dont know the morphology of it almost makes it look like its in the diplocentriidae group of Scorpionidae scorpions, i'm too lazy to look it up right now to either confirm or refute my personal suspicions however.

John

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i dont know the morphology of it almost makes it look like its in the diplocentriidae group of Scorpionidae scorpions, i'm too lazy to look it up right now to either confirm or refute my personal suspicions however.

John
It does look like a diplocentriidea. In fact if it had eyes it could be D spitzeri. I know every genus in Superstitioniidae expect S donensis are blind cave dwellers. Plus they are found all over the world. If you like morphology it's a real neet group.

John

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Id this genus in the Superstitioniidae family? Very cool.

John
Hi!
They are moving between Chactidae, Supersitioniidae and Troglotayosicidae according to opinions :)
Current familiy is Troglotayosicidae.
Cheers
Eric

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi!
They are moving between Chactidae, Supersitioniidae and Troglotayosicidae according to opinions :)
Current familiy is Troglotayosicidae.
Cheers
Eric

I've heard that there where a bunch of changes in that group. It's neat thing is that Supersitioniidae is named for S donensis, and it's the only member in Supersitioniidae that has eyes. The rest have adapted to cave life. That plus the fact that Supersitioniidae is spread out so much makes S donensis a very old species.

John

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So shining a light 500 times brighter then the sun at them wouldn't affect them?

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They wouldn't see it per se. But, the ultraviolet radiation would either cook it or mess it's dna up so bad we might end up with a monster scorpion! *See my upcoming review on "The Black Scorpion" :)

So shining a light 500 times brighter then the sun at them wouldn't affect them?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
never seen one of them

that is an awesome scorp... :drool: does it really not have eyes?? i want one.. not because its blind ... its just a cool looking scorp...

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow, how do you even get a scorpion that lives in the caves in the Pyrenes let alone have a brood? It must have taken a lot of research to get the right living conditions. Great photos.