Blatta lateralis eggs not hatching. What am I doing wrong?

Hagazpacho

Arachnopeon
Hi guys. I bought a starter colony of B. lateralis 200 of them,and they are laying eggs like crazy, but none of them seems to hatch :( I've had them since February 17th so a month from today, and they have been laying eggs since day 1. I am keeping them at 85-88 Fahrenheit ( 29-31 Celsius ) and I have been given the advice to mist them, I am giving them light misting every 1-2 days at night. They get dry dog food, and a variety of vegetables, fruits too. I appreciate every tips you guys can give me. Thank you!

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Hi guys. I bought a starter colony of B. lateralis 200 of them,and they are laying eggs like crazy, but none of them seems to hatch :( I've had them since February 17th so a month from today, and they have been laying eggs since day 1. I am keeping them at 85-88 Fahrenheit ( 29-31 Celsius ) and I have been given the advice to mist them, I am giving them light misting every 1-2 days at night. They get dry dog food, and a variety of vegetables, fruits too. I appreciate every tips you guys can give me. Thank you!
Take out the egg cases as they are laid, cases are laid every 2-3 weeks and place them in a separate container on moist coco fiber and make sure it doesn't dry out by misting - but don't overdo the misting - just nice and damp. The egg cases need to be removed from the main enclosure due to cannibalism of the young if not enough food available.

The 20-25 eggs in each case will hatch anything between 1 - 4 months, so it's not an instant thing , but once established you're away.

Hagazpacho

Arachnopeon
Hi, thank you for your replies, I did both :D took half or so of the eggs out, in separate container and left the rest in with them. If I see that the contained ones start hatching and not the left in ones, then I will know that cannibalism is going on indeed.

Hagazpacho

Arachnopeon
UPDATE
Both in the container and with the adults, I see babies :D I think I just didn't give them enough time. Thank you!

Digby Rigby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes if the roaches are doing well the cases will hatch without any additional care.