Blaptica dubia roach colony help

Ian Brush

Arachnopeon
So I just had about 65/75 dubia roaches molt into maturity and I would say about 50 of them are males. Obviously I can't feed these off because there are way too many. What would you guys with fairly large colonies do?

cold blood

Staff member
seperate a lot of males out....hoyse them seperately till you can feed them or sell them....often small pet stores will buy surplus...i know somwone that sells all his excess males to a LPS.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ohhh dubias! I am sooo allergic to them! If i hold one in my hand for 5 minutes it looks and feel like i have one serious cold!!!

Ian Brush

Arachnopeon
seperate a lot of males out....hoyse them seperately till you can feed them or sell them....often small pet stores will buy surplus...i know somwone that sells all his excess males to a LPS.
Okay, I have done that. I will just house them separately until I can buy some females to match. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ohhh dubias! I am sooo allergic to them! If i hold one in my hand for 5 minutes it looks and feel like i have one serious cold!!!
What the heck, Vanisher, that doesn't help me! I will come to you if I start to have an allergic reaction to my dubias xD