1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black WIdow Eating Wasp:)

Discussion in 'True Spiders & Other Arachnids' started by ruckaisawesome, Jul 12, 2012.

1. ruckaisawesome

ruckaisawesome Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    Just thought it would be interesting to share this.. My black widow eating a pretty big wasp that flew into my house. Probabily wasn't the smartest idea to feed her it, but thankfully it ended up well. Oh, one of my FOUR eggsacs has now hatched:)

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W80u-6azHAY

• Like Like x 1
  2. loxoscelesfear

loxoscelesfear Arachnoprince Old Timer

They take down impressive prey. I recently found a northern widow that had the remains of large hemiptera, bumble bee, and beetle parts beneath her web.

3. ruckaisawesome

They sure do.. I recently fed it a huge cicada

4. catfishrod69

catfishrod69 Arachnoemperor

One more wasp gone, thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Widowman10

Widowman10 Arachno WIDOW Old Timer

6. loxoscelesfear

loxoscelesfear Arachnoprince Old Timer

thank you Mrs. mactans for taking care of those pesky yellow jackets. you would be nice to have around @ a picnic :alien:

7. ruckaisawesome

8. Gilberator

Gilberator Arachnosquire

Agreed. Slowly enjoying most insects but after many bad experiences with bees and the like as a kid, no thanks. At least for now :)

9. RS4guy

RS4guy Arachnosquire

Boston
    Looks to be alive! Risky man!

10. Widowman10

Widowman10 Arachno WIDOW Old Timer

"that guy" owns the website :)

and yes, it is alive. the pic turned out really well, even got the eyes to reflect a little for me :D

11. RobynTRR

RobynTRR Arachnosquire

Interesting video, thanks!

12. DeidraDisaster

DeidraDisaster Arachnopeon

Cool video, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Jealous of your widow though. I want one. :( I don't see them too often here.