Black trapdoor

Redknees

Arachnopeon
I have recently purchased a black trapdoor I have been asked not to handled it because of its aggressive temper and its venom is more toxic than some of the T's out there. At this time all I can get is its first name Gorgyrella. Can any one tell me whta its last name is or where I can get more information on this spider? Anything I can get will be helpful.
I took this picture same day I got it from Bryan at Cronos now its under ground.
Thanks,
Bill

Attachments

Vampire

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Black T.D.S.

When did you get that one?
I just got one today:D

Redknees

Arachnopeon
Black Trapdoor spider

Sorry I have been away for awhile. I got my TDS on 082403, took that picture the same day and have not seen that spider since, but the crickets disapear a couple times a week so it is still alive, i would like to see how big it is, but I am not going to dig it up. I can wait! How is yours doing today?

scorpio

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Man. I bought a red trap door weeks ago, and it still hasnt dug anywhere.

What are you guys using as substrate?

Vampire

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
substrate

Mine is in Potting soil with a little vermiculite mixed in...she dug a whole new burrow in 1 day. Haven't seen her since....just dissapearing crickets!

Redknees

Arachnopeon
Substrate

I am using a blend for cactus and succulents, I buy it all made up at Wal-mart already made up.
has anyone any more info. on them, like longevity, how big, they get what else will they eat, you know the common stuff?
Thanks,..... Bill:cool:

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
man i think thosr things are sooo ugly. but i want one hehe.

Josh

Redknees

Arachnopeon
molting

I am Still waiting to see her first molt maybe then I might get a chance to see her again. They (information I have read) say that this spider, well her venom, has medical benifits for man. Haven't found much more about it, butthis may be another good reason to keep this ugly sling around awhile longer. She was only just over a half inch when I took that picture and the crickets disappear and I still have not seen a molt... Bill soon... real soon:cool:

bigTimeLoser89

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got 3 TrapDoors 2 Blacks and a reddish Orange paid 15 for them all.They are as mean as hell.