Black patch on B. smithi sling abdomen? Recently molted.

FeralTami

Arachnopeon
Hi guys

Just got my first T sling a few weeks ago and it molted a week before I picked the little guy up, but it has a black patch on it's abdomen and Google is just pointing to it being in premolt. I don't think my T could be in premolt so soon though? It is still eating and being as active as a tarantula can be.

Here's the best picture I could get as it scurried into its hide as I opened the lid.

IMG_20190412_043905.jpg
Am I worrying over nothing? Thanks for any input :)

Liquifin

Arachnoking
All slings have a black dot when young. It actually gets darker and more bald as a sling approaches premolt. When they get older, it slowly disappears, so nothing to worry about.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Looks like it is getting dark, could you possibly be referring to the urticating hair patch?

FeralTami

Arachnopeon
All slings have a black dot when young. It actually gets darker and more bald as a sling approaches premolt. When they get older, it slowly disappears, so nothing to worry about.
Okay that's a relief :D thanks for your response.

Looks like it is getting dark, could you possibly be referring to the urticating hair patch?
Well it is a hair patch I think, I was just a bit worried due to the colour difference compared to the rest of the abdomen and also because it is a bit shiny.

FeralTami

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, bit of an update! My T has blocked off its hide and appears to be in premolt! It feels too soon for it to molt again though unless the person I received it from was being dishonest. :eek: