Black Nephila sp.(probably?!?) free range and feeding pics.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
damn,... :eek:

do you keep a giant spider in every room or so?
wich species lives in your bathroom? :}

5" legspan,.... woooooooooohooooooooo :}

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That is the problem, I know it doesn't look like a Nephila but I'm sure that it's origin is Madagscar. From what I've heard the only "giant" orbwebers found there are Nephilas or Nephlingys. Nephilengys doesn't grow that big though. It actually looks like a giant black widow. Another thing is that Nephilas usually have a slight yellow-orange web and this ones is pure white.

Nephila or not, that's the question...anyone who's got a suggestion?:?

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is there any way you could post a picture of the entire web with a black piece of cardboard behind it? Or anything that'll make it show up? That would help, too. It's the abdominal shape that has me puzzled on this one:?

Jake

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I will try to get a piece of black cardboard tomorrow. Have you any adeas of what species it might be?

take care!
martin

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
sure doesnt look like a fie inch legspan maybe the size of a black widow..a lil bigger..

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well it is...Look at the Zophobas mealworm they are about 2-2,5" and that's about the size of the spiders body, and then put some leggs on that as well.

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
appears to me to be a nephila cuz it has this certain marking right where the epiclastic furrow that mine had so i d say uve got one
mike

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
JakeRocks>>>

This is the best web picture I could get. I couldn't put the black cardboard cus there are alot of webbing behind the big web as well. The web is about 80 X 40 cm(34" X 16").

Hope this could help.