Black Lights, Blacklights, Collecting Lights, UV Flashlights, UV Lighting, UV LEDs

Thiscordia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This mini maglite kit they sell for $33.20 +S&H can be purchased at wal-mart for $5. With a minimal knowledge of soldering and the 395nm led's you save yourself $30.
In what section are the UV leds in walmart?
I have never seen m....
Can you help me out.
Thanks

bia-bia-bia

Arachnopeon
In what section are the UV leds in walmart?
I have never seen m....
Can you help me out.
Thanks
I found them in the flashlight section in the outdoors (hunting/fishing/camping) area. They are sold as a separate kit to modify maglites. There are also several different kinds of regular LED flashlights that can be easily modified for this kind of use (an hour or two max, soldering, for 12 leds, shorter if you're experienced.)

I basically have zero experience with electronics and was able to pull off projects like these within 2 hours once I had the flashlight parts and LEDs.

bia-bia-bia

Arachnopeon
nooo sorry I misread.

the conversion kits can be had at wal mart.

the UV LEDs you have to order from online. some specialtiy electronics stores may carry them if you're in a metropolitan area - you would have to call around for that.

morelia

Arachnopeon
i know this thread is old but i did not see a link for www.scorpionhunter.com
i like em i have only used their pro line which comes in maglite shells or maglite like shells and most if not all of the pro line comes with a lifetime warranty
so just thought i would share the link

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Wow! Has technology and availability coma long way since Dave and I constructed our LED collecting lamps in the early 2000’s! You can now buy LED flashlights with 50+ LEDs in various frequency ranges for under $10 on Amazon or many other places.

Example of some I just purchased:
LED Flashlight

Not a promotion or endorsement…just an example of what is available.

John
];’)