Black & Decker Insect Repeller Question

Elixxur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So I recently moved into a new apt. We live on the first flr and had issues with ants. So I went out and bought these B&D Repellers.

http://sharedreviews.com/review/rev...-3-pack-black-decker-electrical-pest-repeller

My question is...I am moving my scorpions over from my mum's place, and wanted to know if these things would stress them out? I brought the Deathstalker over yesterday and so far, Medusa has been acting pretty normal. Anyone have feedback?

The repellers have been working against the ants, haven't seen any. I just wanted to make sure this thing wouldn't hurt my kids :p

Oh and on a side note, a hobo spider showed up in my place a few days prior to bringing Medusa over, I had to kill it though since my gf freaked out (she hates spiders but not scorpions <3). If I had my scorpion over it would've been free food!

Last edited:

Aschamne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Since they are designed to work on rodents and inverts, I think they would bother the scorpions. You could always relocate the scorpions to my house JK. Although some people say those things don't work anyway.

Good Luck,

Art

dairy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If I had my scorpion over it would've been free food!
WC prey is a little risky. You don't know what that spider was exposed to or ate. Crickets are cheap. If you want to be sure you're not feeding insecticide, pesticide, or any other whatchama-icide use captive bred prey.

If for no other reason, I bet your LQ cost more than a cricket :p

Elixxur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I hate crickets

They are noisy, smelly, lay eggs and annoying. I wonder if the B&D repellent will stress them out too. Any thoughts?

Elixxur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I went online and logged into a live chat with a sales rep, here's the convo for anyone who's interested.

An agent will be with you momentarily
Chelsea has joined the conversation
Chelsea: Hello, my name is Chelsea. Thank you for using our online chat. How may I help you today?
Andrew: Hey Chel i have a question regarding the Electronic Pest repellent
Chelsea: How can I help you with that?
Andrew: i have a small ant problem in my apt and i laid out some target liquid traps, and i purchased some of these repellents as well
Andrew: well so far the ants are gone
Andrew: but..
Andrew: i have 3 pet scorpions, 1 of them i brought over to my apt from my mom's house. i wanted to know if this thing affects egyptian deathstalkers
Andrew: http://www.offbeatpets.com/inverteb...r-scorpion-leiurus-quinquestriatus/00301.html
Andrew: info on the scorpion
Andrew: when i brought her on tues, she was hanging out outside of her hide, but now she's been dormant in there, which is pretty normal
Andrew: but i wanted to make sure these ultrasonic things would actually affect arachnids, especially one from egypt
Chelsea: Neat, thank you for the info. Yes, unfortunately our AT's would bother scorpions. However, you can keep the scorpions safely in either a glass tank, or securely in a separate room.
Andrew: the other two scorpions, a black emperor, and a flat rock are from africa
Andrew: well the deathstalker is in a plastic tettarium
Andrew: and she is on the dresser of the room where the repell is plugged into
Andrew: would it still bother her, if so how would she react to it?
Andrew: and also, how does it bother her
Chelsea: No, if she's kept in a plastic box, this should not bother her because the sound frequencies can not go through any solid objects, such as glass or walls.
Andrew: then how does it repell pests if it does not penetrate walls or glass or solid objects
Chelsea: If she was going to be bothered by this unit, it would be the sound frequencies that could bother her.
Chelsea: Our units use a couple different frequencies to repel pests. The electrovibrawave sends a shifting vibration through the wiring inside the walls, and the ultrasonic sound frequency sends the sounds through out the home.
Andrew: how does it send it inside the walls if it cannot penetrate solid objects?
Andrew: oh through the wirirng
Andrew: er wiring
Andrew: i see..
Chelsea: The electrovibrawave will work inside the walls, but the ultrasonic is the feature that will not go through walls. Because of this, we recommend 2-3 units per floor of a home.
Andrew: but wires are solid objects
Andrew: so how does it penetrate wires?
Chelsea: It's two separate technologies. The electrovibrawave is the technology that works inside the walls.
Andrew: i'm a tad perplexed on how this concept works if it cannot penetrate solid objects, especially throughout the house.
Chelsea: Here are some links to our ultrasonic and electrovibrawave pages. These explain in detail how the technologies work: http://www.pestrepellerultimate.com/features_electrovibrawave.htm or http://www.pestrepellerultimate.com/features_ultrasonic.htm
Chelsea: Another similar technology, electromagnetic. Here is the link to this information page: http://www.pestrepellerultimate.com/features_electromagnetic.htm
Andrew: i see
Andrew: but because my scorpions are enclosed in plastic tettariums then they should be ok right?
Andrew: i am also giving them crickets for food, will they also be affected no right because of the housing
Chelsea: Yes, this is correct. Because they are enclosed in a solid object, they won't be effected by these devices.
Andrew: ok i wanted to make sure
Chelsea: That's understandable.

That's it :D Hope this helps!