1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bizarre escape

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by cold blood, May 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khalil

khalil Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    i wonder if houdini had a bumba cabocla and learned his best trick from it. :confused:

• Love Love x 2
  2. Enrgy

Enrgy Arachnosquire

a story for the ages:hilarious:

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  3. Rhino1

Rhino1 Arachnoknight Active Member

Some ppl sleepwalk bruz, some ppl dream about T's (I know I do).
    Maybe your sub conscious starting the rehouse without you?:yawn:

4. PidderPeets

PidderPeets Arachnoangel Arachnosupporter

Thank you so much for mentioning this! I've noticed as of late that my G. pulchripes has been wandering a bit for seemingly no reason. I thought perhaps there was something bothering her about the enclosure, but I knew her setup was correct, so I just left her to explore. She's a bit too large for her current enclosure, but I figured she'd last another molt in her current one and that I'd rehouse her after. She will now be getting her bigger home this afternoon.

I must say though, I'm a little disappointed that the most probable escape route was determined. I was gonna say ghosts. :zombie:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. G. pulchra

G. pulchra ArachnoGod Old Timer

I'm betting it wasn't in there when you locked the top down.

6. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

It was eating a superworm when I locked the top down...lol.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SonsofArachne

SonsofArachne Arachnoangel Active Member

I don't latch the lids on kk's anymore, instead I reuse heat packs as a weight to hold the lids down. For bigger T's I use two. It might sound risky but I've never had one get out. If you think about it the constant weight on the lid would keep them from squeezing under and they don't have leverage to push them off.

8. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

haha, i have deli cups on them now.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Paul1126

Paul1126 Arachnodemon Active Member

I never use the latch lids unless the GBB is on the roof of the enclosure and I can't open the lid.
    The lads lids seem very flimsy

10. Jess S

Jess S Arachnopeon

I think they mean the green tabs on the side, not the clear plastic lid tab. There is definitely one missing.

Edit: Sorry i've read the rest of the comments and now see that this has been noted!

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  11. shidy

shidy Arachnopeon

Maybe it creeped out the last time the lid was opened and you closed it up thinking that it was in there?
    Edit: I just don't see how an abdomen that round could fit through any of those holes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.