Bite reports

Shamrock

Arachnolover
So it seems the last time someone has been bitten was in 2015? I really found those threads interesting/entertaining, but need new material :bored:;) Saw somewhere its dificult to post there?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Saw somewhere its dificult to post there?
It's very difficult and time consuming. Same story with breeding reports. Myself and @cold blood have wanted to submit information for quite some time, but mods seem unwilling to fix a broken system.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's very difficult and time consuming. Same story with breeding reports. Myself and @cold blood have wanted to submit information for quite some time, but mods seem unwilling to fix a broken system.
What's the issue with posting bite reports. I've never been tagged YET, so don't know.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
What's the issue with posting bite reports. I've never been tagged YET, so don't know.
It's the same story with creating a review page for yourself - it's actually almost an identical process. Remember what a nightmare that was? This applies to both bite and breeding reports.

If anyone is unsure what I'm talking about, go try to make a bite/breeding report. You'll see what I mean. It's not too bad if the species page has already been set up, but if it's not... heh... have fun.
http://arachnoboards.com/reviews-reports/category/reports.5/

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's the same story with creating a review page for yourself - it's actually almost an identical process. Remember what a nightmare that was? This applies to both bite and breeding reports.

If anyone is unsure what I'm talking about, go try to make a bite/breeding report. You'll see what I mean. It's not too bad if the species page has already been set up, but if it's not... heh... have fun.
http://arachnoboards.com/reviews-reports/category/reports.5/
Is it only 1 bite report or breeding report per person too?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Is it only 1 bite report or breeding report per person too?
Not quite. The reports are actually "reviews" - you literally have to give it 1-5 stars exactly like you would a review. However, that implies that you can't submit multiple breeding reports for the same species, although that's just speculation on my part. What isn't speculation is the complete inability to edit your "review" later on. This means that your breeding has to be completed, eggs laid, and slings emerged before submitting the report.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Not quite. The reports are actually "reviews" - you literally have to give it 1-5 stars exactly like you would a review. However, that implies that you can't submit multiple breeding reports for the same species, although that's just speculation on my part. What isn't speculation is the complete inability to edit your "review" later on. This means that your breeding has to be completed, eggs laid, and slings emerged before submitting the report.
o_O:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes, it's very unfortunate that the breeding and bite report sections of AB (some of the most unique and valuable potential resources) have basically been "fixed" into oblivion. Nothing at all is getting posted in those sections because relative to the old format they're confusing, restrictive, and difficult to navigate/find. I appreciate your efforts and those of others to bring this to the mods attention in the proper forum subsection, but doesn't seem it's done much good, sadly. I miss the old bite and breeding report forums.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Yes, it's very unfortunate that the breeding and bite report sections of AB (some of the most unique and valuable potential resources) have basically been "fixed" into oblivion. Nothing at all is getting posted in those sections because relative to the old format they're confusing, restrictive, and difficult to navigate/find. I appreciate your efforts and those of others to bring this to the mods attention in the proper forum subsection, but doesn't seem it's done much good, sadly. I miss the old bite and breeding report forums.
What's irritating is that this is such a simple fix. Just go back to the old way of doing things. I'm all about progression, I don't hate change at all. But when that change gimps such a valuable source of information, it leaves the rest of us scratching our heads.

cold blood

Staff member
agreed...how hard would it be to just make a breeding report and bite report thread in discussions.....it would not only be read a ton more, but it would see valuable reports being posted.

I dont understand why it needs to be seperated from the most active part of the forums and essentially relegated to the back room in the basement of AB.

Completely illogical.:vulcan:

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
The change to bite reports (and reviews) was about the only thing I did not care for when the site was upgraded. I much preferred the old style.

Shamrock

Arachnolover
How do we bring it under the mods attention? They do not seem to notice the problem.
I've actually never saw a mod active. Saw one that replied long ago on a old post.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
How do we bring it under the mods attention? They do not seem to notice the problem.
I've actually never saw a mod active. Saw one that replied long ago on a old post.
Already done:
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/breeding-reports.287245/#post-2530376

A mod never even bothered replying to it. The mods on this site are inactive at best, and absent at worst. They took in @ratluvr76 as a mod about a year ago, and he/she was very active... for about a week. His/her last post was almost a year ago. They certainly do respond to reported posts and issues related to copyright infringement, but that's about all. I've never seen a staff that isn't involved whatsoever in discussions on a forum - they only come out of the woodwork to close threads that got out of hand 5 pages earlier or to remind people of the copyright issue.

In short, get used to it... unfortunately.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Bite reports are relevant, therefor they should be easily found, imagine your a beginner or expert with no clue how potent the venom of your T is, you would want to know surely, this is an extremely relevant topic.....
Already done:

A mod never even bothered replying to it. The mods on this site are inactive at best, and absent at worst. They took in @ratluvr76 as a mod about a year ago, and he/she was very active... for about a week. His/her last post was almost a year ago. They certainly do respond to reported posts and issues related to copyright infringement, but that's about all. I've never seen a staff that isn't involved whatsoever in discussions on a forum - they only come out of the woodwork to close threads that got out of hand 5 pages earlier or to remind people of the copyright issue.

Not good enough, bite reports are extremely important, especially if your getting a new T, you want to know how their venom can affect you, whether it be an OW or NW, it's important information that the mod's don't seem to realise, info we really "need to know", surely they should be on the boards going through threads etc. giving invaluable info to new keepers and experienced keepers alike....they need to make "Bite Reports" more accessible to everyone.

cold blood

Staff member
Already done:

Remember the olden days where mods were active...now its aphonopelmaTX and thats basically it (Lonnies participation is almost always very informative...thanks bud). Its a shame because many have so much to offer....we used to see advan and hobo regularly (advan has as much or more breeding experience as anyone on the boards)...but thats now a rarity....and yeah, ratluver got to be a mod and promptly dropped off the boards:(