1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Birbs

Discussion in 'Not So Spineless Wonders' started by CHLee, Feb 8, 2017.

1. CHLee

CHLee Arachnoknight

Advertisement
    Von der deckens hornbill, Tockus deckeni nesting IMG_1756.JPG keel billed toucan IMG_1278.JPG trumpeter hornbill IMG_1766.JPG

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 2
  2. schmiggle

schmiggle Arachnodemon Active Member

Gorgeous! I looked into getting a toucan once, but quickly realized I didn't have room.

3. CHLee

CHLee Arachnoknight

What about an aracari or toucanet? They're just smaller versions

4. schmiggle

schmiggle Arachnodemon Active Member

Sadly, not small enough. At the moment I haven't got room for any birds, but toucanets are lovely and on my eventual wishlist.

5. GingerC

GingerC Arachnosquire Active Member

This thread is a tiny bit old, but I feel it is necessary to express my astonishment that someone actually has a pet hornbill. I'd heard of toucans and aracaris as pets, but never hornbills. That's seriously awesome!

I don't have any birds, but I'm inheriting an Amazon parrot within a decade, so I've been spending a lot of time learning to care for birds. By the time he's in my care, I'll be new to that whole "living independently" thing, so becoming an adult will be extra stressful in my situation. At least I know what's happening ahead of time, though!

6. GatorWrestler303

GatorWrestler303 Arachnopeon

A buddy has 3 toucans and really likes them. My sulfur crested is more than enough bird for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. darkness975

darkness975 A Dream Within a Dream Arachnosupporter

lol Birbs :) made me think of some kind of feathery bibs or something.

Cool pictures and wow to the hornbill!