Biggest gain in one molt?

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
So, my 2 and 1/4 inch G. rosea just molted, and now it's 3 and 1/2 inches. I've seen a 1-inch gain a couple of times before, but this 1 and 1/4 inch one is the largest I've seen in my collection.

What's the biggest gain you've seen?

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
My P. ornata sling has molted two times my care. I got her at 1" and she's healthy 3" now. So, maybe not the gain of 1 1/4", but doubling in size the first molt, and another inch thereafter is impressing the heck out of me. However, the prize for increase in overall gain in my collection has to go to my L. violaceopes. She put on almost 2" her last molt.

Last edited:

PurelyRavage

Arachnopeon
Both of my Pamphobeteus sp. Machalla went from 3/4" inch to almost 1 1/2" in one molt.

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Just had a p. metallica molt recently. Went from i am guessing around 2.5 inches to almost double that. Now some of the other p. metallicas I have seem to not gain as much. Feeding regimen or lack of such things does tend to sway in the direction if they get the right amount of food and water before molting I see a big difference. Some of my T's get finicky before molting or just want crickets instead of roaches.

Some of the picky eater will gain very little in mass and length compared to the garbage disposals. Pretty bad I have to keep a alarm going on my phone and tablet to remind me half gets fed one day the others the next. If there is spiderlings also it is an event. I guess I need to sort out slings feed them on the same regimen of feedings and Mark the ones that did not feed and see what the difference is. Will try it with something leggy like my violoceopes when I get another sac.

basin79

ArachnoGod
My Poecilotheria ornata sling puts some size on each moult but yesterday I finally had the chance to take a pic of my T.blondi lass. She moulted on the 15th April.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So, my 2 and 1/4 inch G. rosea just molted, and now it's 3 and 1/2 inches. I've seen a 1-inch gain a couple of times before, but this 1 and 1/4 inch one is the largest I've seen in my collection.

What's the biggest gain you've seen?
2" for a Singapore Blue Male, quite common size jump for this species/gender