Big female fishing spiders

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Went out tonight collected a monster female dolomedes scriptus 4+" and another nice sized female 3.5"

I have collected a dozen big females this past week I plan on letting most go back into the wild to help with future offspring I found an amazing spot by my river they are plentiful!
I'm going to breed the huge female if she hasn't already bred in the wild. I missed a huge male tonight that was close to
4" :(

First pics is the huge female.
Second is a 3.5 female.

I have about 4 females that are around 3.5"

Attachments

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Went out tonight collected a monster female dolomedes scriptus 4+" and another nice sized female 3.5"

I have collected a dozen big females this past week I plan on letting most go back into the wild to help with future offspring I found an amazing spot by my river they are plentiful!
I'm going to breed the huge female if she hasn't already bred in the wild. I missed a huge male tonight that was close to
4" :(

First pics is the huge female.
Second is a 3.5 female.

I have about 4 females that are around 3.5"
I knew you would get some big scriptus. She is probably gravid. Can you get a body length in millimeters?

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I knew you would get some big scriptus. She is probably gravid. Can you get a body length in millimeters?

Sure I will see if I can get one by tonight.

My dream would be to get a 4.5" one, leg span of course.

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
You think this one is scriptus for sure? Strange the white marking doesn't go all the way through the pattern compared to this other one the big female I caught last night.

Attachments

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
This one was actually identified as D tenebrosus! I thought something was funny I went out last night which should have been tenebrosus heaven a moist thick woods by my river with fallen legs all over the place I looked on the trees all over couldn't find one .

Pic one tenebrosus
Pic 2 and 3 scriptus
Pic 4 tenebrosus

Attachments

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
To me there is a subtle difference or enough for me to say its tenebrosus I did read up they do very a little in colors.

The scriptus has a more solid stripe going down the carapace between the eyes through the celicerae

The tenebrosus is more solid black and doesn't have the solid line. Who knows maybe they are wrong and I as well.

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
imo, all photos thus far are scriptus

Yeah I was looking at them comparing real closely to tenebrosus photos and agree some are darker than others I agree I think they are scriptus but wow tenebrosus must be real rare around here.

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah I was looking at them comparing real closely to tenebrosus photos and agree some are darker than others I agree I think they are scriptus but wow tenebrosus must be real rare around here.
tenebrosus thrive in deciduous forest. are you searching pine / birch habitat?

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I will go out and search again tonight just have to be patient

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would head away from the river to forest devoid of thick ground vegetation. scriptus do not wander far from a water source. Same tactics: eyeshine tree trunks, logs, stumps

Roseweave

Arachnopeon
I wish we got these here. Love these spoods so much. It's my dream to find and pet a fisher spider.