Big Black Widow ='s this :)

Jmmarich

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I found a HUGE blackwidow about 2 weeks ago when putting in sod. She was setup at the bottom of my fence and I figured the fill dirt might get her so I put her in a container. I came home from a trip Monday night and looked in on here and this is what I found. Sorry the pictures are lacking.

--Josh

Attachments

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Jmmarich said:
I found a HUGE blackwidow about 2 weeks ago when putting in sod. She was setup at the bottom of my fence and I figured the fill dirt might get her so I put her in a container. I came home from a trip Monday night and looked in on here and this is what I found. Sorry the pictures are lacking.

--Josh

Wow, If I were you I would put them in another container with holes that aren`t so big. Don`t need a bunch of Black Widows raoming free Now, Do we?

Jmmarich

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Already done :) Anyone know the time period before this thing hatches generally?

--Josh

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry, Wish I could help you there, But my parents don`t let me keep them. If I were able to keep them, I`d have a few years of Experience on them.

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
3 or more weeks, depending on how warm they are kept. Fed well they can be adults in 3 months +/-

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
man, wish i could see more pics. getting one soon and havent done all my research :8o

so i guess ill ask my 1 Q here insted of making a new thread. do they need water bowls, or would misting the web be fine for their water and humidity needs?

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Chueck-

Water is a no need for them. They derive all that they need from prey items stuck in their web ;)
BUT! they are a very messy spider that luvs to poop-poop-and poop- and being that luvely white its very noticable. so you can always place a paper towel lining the bottum of their cage or dirt. and if you worried about humid jsut spray everynow and then that wil lretain some moisture but IME they dont need any outisde source of water other then crickets roaches flies and what ever decid3s to get stuck in their web..

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
L.hesperus out here(Colorado) take 2-3 week to hatch out.

John
];')