Between a rock and a hard place

gagamboy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
CONGRATUALATIONS!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

for me, the B.boemie is one of the most beaustiful tarantulas there is... It won first place in the 2006 Philippine Arachnoshow...

I have one which i have been keeping since it was a wee
3rd Instar Slings... Its been with me for more than a year and its almost 4.5inches in Legspan...

My Girlfriend named her 'Strawberry Icecream' (she names most of my T's)

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Preparing for My Girl

Some pics of her enclosure. This is my first attempt at a more "natural" setting. I know it's not perfect, but I was limited on funds and I'm new at it, so bear with me! :)
View of the whole thing:

From above:

My little makeshift "stream" that leads to the waterdish (it's not filled yet, no point at the moment):

Corner of the tank containing burrow and "onion grass" plants I found at Wal*Mart for $0.94 :D (supposed to resemble shrub/grass...stuff):

And the shelf it's on. I just noticed today how very empty the shelves below are...I've been thinking what I could put on those shelves...{D :

Thanks for looking! I'll make sure to post pics of her when she arrives! :D

Pink-Poodle88

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Brachypelma are possibly my favorite of all tarantulas, but that's a tough choice because I love all of them. Anyways, they're generally very docile and easy to care for, so you should have no trouble at all. I also love brachypelma because there are so many variations of beautiful orange and black spiders. The first thing I though when i was like 7 and got into tarantulas upon seeing them was "halloween." They're all so cute though.

I actually received a 1.5" brachypelma boehmei spiderling just the other day, but unfortunately it died on the way here somehow, even though it was shipped express. Luckily the 3" grammostola aureostriata got here fine however. I still need to go outside and bury the poor B.boehmei that met the end of his/her life far too early, but I can't until the ground thaws out.(I bury my spiders if they die by the way. Some would say this is weird, but I really don't care)

The enclosure you have looks really nice too. I mean most tarantulas really need nothing else in their tank/cage/etc. besides substrate, a water dish, and something to use as a retreat. Adding anything extra is always optional and just "bonus points" but I still like to at least add some fake plants or something just because it looks nicer, even though the spiders don't care much either way. Some of my spiders I'll add a bunch of extra stuff, and some I'll just give the essentials. It's not that I try to treat any of them any better than the others though, I love all my spiders equally, seriously. It just depends.

Strix

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Great purchase. I would have chose the T as well. {D

I recently ordered a Grammostola aureostriata from Kenthebugguy as well and he has been very informative and helpful and I can't wait for him/her to arrive.

I like the set up on your T's new home as well.