Best way to feed P.mattalica juveniles

Hi what's the best way to feed my 2 P. metallica juveniles one is male the other is female

• Advice

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Advice

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

William Byrne

Arachnopeon
Hi what's the best way to feed my 2 Poecilotheria metallica juveniles one is male the other is female. I know they like hunting at night so was wondering if it was wise to drop a cricket in there enclosure at night as they are light sensitive

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
I'd say the best way to feed any pokie is by being careful, that's about it. Time doesn't really matter my 2 juvies eat whatever time of the day I feed them. Some people will tong feed theirs but I personally drop the feeder in with the enclosure opened the least amount possible and close it right away to make sure the feeder doesn't provoke the T flying out of the enclosure.

Also you don't have to add a poll to your thread... Assuming you thought its mandatory since you made one with 2 of the same option lol

William Byrne

Arachnopeon
I might try that my two are really scitty lol and bolt like nothing lol

I'd say the best way to feed any pokie is by being careful, that's about it. Time doesn't really matter my 2 juvies eat whatever time of the day I feed them. Some people will tong feed theirs but I personally drop the feeder in with the enclosure opened the least amount possible and close it right away to make sure the feeder doesn't provoke the T flying out of the enclosure.

Also you don't have to add a poll to your thread... Assuming you thought its mandatory since you made one with 2 of the same option lol
N

No Idea about the pole thing lol kept saying I had to do it before posting lol

Last edited by a moderator:

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
1. Open the enclosure.
2. Drop the feeder insect of your choice.
3. Close the enclosure.
4. Watch closely.

Last edited:

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
I might try that my two are really scitty lol and bolt like nothing lol
That's why I feed my pokies like that, don't want one bolting out and getting lost in the house or whatever. Especially bad if you have dogs or kids in the house that could be seriously injured by a bite.

William Byrne

Arachnopeon
That's why I feed my pokies like that, don't want one bolting out and getting lost in the house or whatever. Especially bad if you have dogs or kids in the house that could be seriously injured by a bite.
Going to give that a try last thing I want is to be spider hunting lol

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Generally,if you let them establish a hide,dirt curtain,a safe place,they cooperate fairly quickly.
@BoyFromLA nailed it.Pokies bolt when you destroy their home.Other wise,they are fairly laid back.
And I have spent many a great afternoon watching my pokies hunting, positioning themselves just right,for the kill.
Prey never saw it coming.:vamp:.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
They'll hunt when food is available to them regardless of the time of day. I find mine particularly likes hornworms I give her one every six to eight weeks. Once they've established hides/dirt curtains/web tunnels they should be much less bolty. ;) Enjoy feeding your pretty tarantulas!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I feed all of my animals in the morning, I basically just open the enclosure, drop in the feeder/s, close the lid and let the face daggering commence.