Best small US desert species

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
H.arizonensis is the largest species in N America...not a small desert species.

I would recommend V.spinigerus or a xeric morph of C.vittatus for a small communal setup. They are both readily adaptable to communal setups though IME/IMO V.spinigerus is not that communal.

However, I have had great success keeping the much larger H.arizonensis in a communal setup - even in an interspecies communal setup with H.spadix. But one needs to have a large enough enclosure (20 long)with lots of hides for communal Hadrurus (3-5 individuals max).

Crap! Just realized someone dug up and ancient post...DOH! Why do hell do people dig up and answer two-year-old posts? STOP IT!

Well my scorpion choice opinion still stands even if the original poster is long gone.

John
];')

signinsimple

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Seems that way. I only have one C.vit. left but at one point I have nine living together without any trouble. Even had a few "litters".
Vfox, WOW. You asked this question 2 years ago. I suppose responses are better late than never.

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haha, yes it has been a while. Same with it being a while since I've been on the forum. I still love my scorps, however money is a factor that plays into me getting more. Come December however I'm done with college and will hopefully have a real job shortly afterwards.

I hope to have a nice C.vitt setup at that point. I'm thinking about 12 in a communal setup would make me happy, lol. I still love my flatrock, yet in the two years I've had him I've seen him eat only 2-3 times...the roaches die before he ever touches them, I dont get it haha.

I'll have to hop on here more often I suppose, I'm still kickin afterall. :)