Best place to get T's from?

Hawk

Arachnopeon
I just got some T's but like to get some more. (Only have 3 total :p ) What is the best place to get some T's?

-Cheap/cheapish

-Beautiful

-Reliable.

Thanks.

-Hawk

EightLeggedFreaks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm sure you can find good deals on here, I know I have. And I'm sure you can find someone with good reviews.

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer
I just got some T's but like to get some more. (Only have 3 total :p ) What is the best place to get some T's?

-Cheap/cheapish

-Beautiful

-Reliable.

Thanks.

-Hawk
also you can try Kenthebugguy.com, while I wouldn't describe Ken MacNeil as beautiful, he is probably the most reliable guy out there and he even price matches.

NGLepine

Arachnosquire
Tarantula Canada.... Thats where i order, and the off chance i see something at a LPS

iamthegame06

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
if there's a reliable one stop tarantula shop out there that that sells cheap and beautiful T's, im pretty sure almost everyone here would go to that shop/site to get their T's

there's a lot of places where you can get a good deal though, just have to look out for them..

1. Craigslist
pros: you can get really good deals here, i once got a penultimate Male B. smithi on CL for $50 with a 10gal tank + accessories, etc. and i got a 5" female G. rosea with a 20gal tank for $20!
cons: you wont find a lot of ads selling T's, and you have to deal with the meeting up and stuff (specially if the seller lives far)

2. This site (or any other forum sites) lol
Pros: there's a huge selection! and most people are easy to deal with and they're usually cheaper than a LPS, most sellers are very reliable!!! and you get to connect with other T enthusiast..and you can usually try to haggle with the prices, some of them will even throw in some freebies lol
cons: you have to deal with shipping..i try to buy more than 2 T's at once to save on shipping.. unless im buying a T thats worth more than $100 or T's that are hard to find..but even with the shipping and all that, they're still usually cheaper than a LPS

3. Local Pet Store
im kinda partial to this, i've seen some overpriced pet shop (i once saw a sub adult G. rosea being sold for $40, and a juvenile B. vagans for $80 lol), but sometimes you can get some really good deals! there's a LPS by my place that sold me a pair of sub adult B. smithi + adult 6" P. regalis (w/ an exo terra cage + accessories) all for less than $250 (cant remember the exact amount lol)! (i knew the owner though so he gave me a big discount, he was just trying to get rid of the T's since he's had them at the shop for a while)

4. websites
cant really say much here as i've only bought from a website once because they had a 15% off promo or something, so it was a pretty good deal for me, i saved at least $50 or so..

in my opinion, you just basically have to be constantly on the lookout for the best deals :D

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My top three are:
www.jamiestarantulas.com -Jamie Lessie
www.petcenterusa.net -Paul Becker
www.net-bug.net -Anastasia Haroldson

---------- Post added 04-24-2013 at 07:55 PM ----------

Tarantula Canada.... Thats where i order, and the off chance i see something at a LPS
Too bad for US residents :( Direct from their website: "A minimum order of $1000 (plus air freight and inspection fees) is required for shipments to the USA."