best looking pamphobeteus?female?

SingaporeB

Arachnopeon
Im sorry but Im refreshing this thread. Im considering one as my next target. Also some ultramarinus females turn a boring brown as others have pointed.

What about P. sp. costa?
This genus needs a lot of work done on it. Sellers in the US use nothing but pics of slings. Seems like there is a new species every month.

p. solaris is the new looker in Europe. If the Netbug lady gets some slings she'll want $800 for one and $1,500 for a sexed female.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
This genus needs a lot of work done on it. Sellers in the US use nothing but pics of slings. Seems like there is a new species every month.

p. solaris is the new looker in Europe. If the Netbug lady gets some slings she'll want $800 for one and $1,500 for a sexed female.
Arachnoiden has 1,100 for a breeding pair (but still babies). Probably 900 = female. 300 = male. :troll:

basin79

ArachnoGod
Im sorry but Im refreshing this thread. Im considering one as my next target. Also some ultramarinus females turn a boring brown as others have pointed.

What about P. sp. costa?
Just bought a female Pamphobeteus sp Costa off @KezyGLA. 9cm leg span. Unbelievably stunning. I rushed these pics and I was in my windowless bathroom due to unpacking her. They do her absolutely no justice. I've no idea if they keep these markings as they mature but I'm thoroughly enjoying her now.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
I was considerigng getting pamphobeteus antinous... JEt Black & Huge
but wanted to know what the best looking Species in the pamphobeteus genus are!!!!

post pics & your opinions!! thanks!!!:biggrin:
All the males are Awsome looking.. but thats obvious !!!

Hands down Solaris!!!

Currently saving up for a female now!!!!

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Just bought a female Pamphobeteus sp Costa off @KezyGLA. 9cm leg span. Unbelievably stunning. I rushed these pics and I was in my windowless bathroom due to unpacking her. They do her absolutely no justice. I've no idea if they keep these markings as they mature but I'm thoroughly enjoying her now.

Your photo style worsens the drooling as one continues to scroll downward. :troll: If I see you attach a pic I will make sure not to scroll any further :happy::kiss:

Edit: What do you think of Pamphos? Ultimate display Ts? That is the word "hide" is not in their vocabulary.

Last edited:

basin79

ArachnoGod
Yes. If that expensive spider is 799, then my old hobby is waaay more expensive. The only difference is the thing i collected in the past

Your photo style worsens the drooling as one continues to scroll downward. :troll: If I see you attach a pic I will make sure not to scroll any further :happy::kiss:

Edit: What do you think of Pamphos? Ultimate display Ts? That is the word "hide" is not in their vocabulary.
I only have 2 and this lass at 9cm is the biggest. My Pamphobeteus antinous comes out at night but she stops in her burrow during the day.

The Costa hasn't bothered going into her hide yet at all.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Which of these Pamphobeteus have black females? (some are brown which I hate):

Pamphobeteus antinous
Pamphobeteus ultramarinus
Pamphobeteus solars
Pamphobeteus platyomma
Pamphobeteus nigricolor
Pamphobeteus nigricolor true form
Pamphobeteus petersi
Pamphobeteus vespertinus
Pamphobeteus grandis
Pamphobeteus Machalla
Pamphobeteus Esmeraldas
Pamphobeteus fortis
Pamphobeteus Costa
Pamphobeteus Santo Domingo
Pamphobeteus Ecuador II
Pamphobeteus ornatus
Pamphobeteus insignis
Pamphobeteus duran
Pamphobeteus cascada
Pamphobeteus mascara

basin79

ArachnoGod
Which of these Pamphobeteus have black females? (some are brown which I hate):

Pamphobeteus antinous
Pamphobeteus ultramarinus
Pamphobeteus solars
Pamphobeteus platyomma
Pamphobeteus nigricolor
Pamphobeteus nigricolor true form
Pamphobeteus petersi
Pamphobeteus vespertinus
Pamphobeteus grandis
Pamphobeteus Machalla
Pamphobeteus Esmeraldas
Pamphobeteus fortis
Pamphobeteus Costa
Pamphobeteus Santo Domingo
Pamphobeteus Ecuador II
Pamphobeteus ornatus
Pamphobeteus insignis
Pamphobeteus duran
Pamphobeteus cascada
Pamphobeteus mascara
Pamphobeteus antinous (Peru big black) do. That's why I bought one. Massive black tarantula with a red arse.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Pamphobeteus antinous (Peru big black) do. That's why I bought one. Massive black tarantula with a red arse.

Antinous is the only Pamphobeteus with black background coloration? That is very sad indeed.
If one cannot get a spider ala rainbow, black is always the next best thing. :troll:

basin79

ArachnoGod
Antinous is the only Pamphobeteus with black background coloration? That is very sad indeed.
If one cannot get a spider ala rainbow, black is always the next best thing. :troll:
Ha ha ha ha. I'm sure more Pamphobeteus sp do. But antinous are black. A larger, and leggier Grammostola pulchra who forgot to apply sunblock to it's arse whilst out sightseeing.

boina

Lady of the mites
P nigricolor is not so bad either. Unfortunately there are two forms and I don't know which one I have... Mine is a nice dark grey with silvery "eyebrows", a coloring that I find very attractive. It's not brown - I don't like that either. I'll try to get a pic later.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
When pre-molt...brown is normal.

P. nigricolor (hobby)

This is the pre-molt look...

You're scaring me away! That is something you're supposed to keep a secret, so I get drawn into the genus! :troll:

But seriously, which species are naturally brown from the list I provided? Google is such a chronic liar.

cold blood

Staff member
P nigricolor is not so bad either. Unfortunately there are two forms and I don't know which one I have... Mine is a nice dark grey with silvery "eyebrows", a coloring that I find very attractive. It's not brown - I don't like that either. I'll try to get a pic later.
Have you not had it long enough to molt? It should turn deep brown before molting.

Hobby form nigricolor have the Christmas tree pattern as slings, true nigricolor does not. I wouldn't have any idea about the differences in adults though.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Which species rank as the smallest? Ultramarinus probably is #1. I like my Ts on the smaller side - I would probably go with species that max out at 7.