Best Heteromotrus spp for irridescence?

i have at last been promised a scorpion for early 2020 when we return from an extended holiday to Spain, i already have an RUB enclosure of 50x30x17 cms with exo terra rain forest substrate over the top of sterilised garden topsoil, two hides ,at different ends of the container giving environment choice, and sphagnum moss over hides to retain and assist humidity . My choice of Heterometrus will be limited somewhat to general availability in UK, but can i ask which Heterometrus have the best natural light irridescance ? Ive seen some great examples of H.Cyaneus(blue) and H. Spinifer (purple) , i also like H.Swammerdami ,but it would appear easier to obtain a consignment of rocking horse manure!!!! The only source listed in UK doesnt have any available and doesnt think he will have any in near future. I HAVE kept scorpions before in the 1990's but they were P.Imperator and P.Cavimanus. any guides to best Heterometrus for irridescence,and general temperament of certain Heterometrus species would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
The coloration from blue and purple is 100% fake and false representation amongst anything in the heterometrus and pandinus Sp. Or for any scorpions fir that matter. Theres only 2 scorpion in the entire hobby that is actually a true blue and its uroplectes olivaceus and some cheleiurus Slings are bright but quickly lose the color

Any heterometrus Spm in the hobby is going to be straight black. U might be able to get some with off coloration the legs and telson but the majority of it is black and u cant really even tell them apart from species to species unless you're very familiar with the genus

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Colorations right after a very fresh molt shows some of that purple but the realistic harden and average specimens are all black

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Yea I just hate for people to get overly excited about getting a "blue scorpion" when in reality it's not all that blue and yes under the right light it will show a little

@ArachnoDrew I own old H. petersii female and in person, it looks exactly like this internet pic, under right light.
http://reptile-lover.weebly.com/uploads/4/4/2/6/4426694/4103676_orig.jpg

Also, there is reason why H. cyaneus has its scientific name.
Wow! That is more or less what im looking for,i know they show blue under blacklight,but that is more the kinda metallic effect colours i was looking for,but that is H.Petersii? I was under the impression if any were particularly naturally "blue" it would be H.Cyaneus? What i was IDEALLY looking for is that type of blue with cream coloured underbelly,upper leg joints ,and white telson. Only thing nearest to that ive seen on here is funnily enough a pic of a Pandinus Dictator in the galleries.

Yea I just hate for people to get overly excited about getting a "blue scorpion" when in reality it's not all that blue and yes under the right light it will show a little
I realise that many dont show blue consisently nor other colours,i like the glossy black look as well,but just the lighting induced irridescence in blues or purples or green is fine,its the irridescent subbtlety i like.

Pandinus Brian

Arachnopeon
Ok so I want to point out whats going on in the pictures. All of the Scorpions you listed a black in visible light, but under UV light they glow green. If you then have them under a source of light that produces both visible light, and UV light such as Sun light you get the green shimmer your talking about as the two colors interact. So all of the scorpions listed will look like this in the right light. With all that said do not, let me say that again DO NOT keep your scorpions under constant UV light. Its ok every now and then (After all most of us use a UV light to find our scorpions from time to time), but using one a lot is bad for them.

Ok so I want to point out whats going on in the pictures. All of the Scorpions you listed a black in visible light, but under UV light they glow green. If you then have them under a source of light that produces both visible light, and UV light such as Sun light you get the green shimmer your talking about as the two colors interact. So all of the scorpions listed will look like this in the right light. With all that said do not, let me say that again DO NOT keep your scorpions under constant UV light. Its ok every now and then (After all most of us use a UV light to find our scorpions from time to time), but using one a lot is bad for them.
Can i ask what would be considered the safest form of lighting to use to view the nocturnal behaviour and feeding of scorpions ? While i might be tempted to use blacklight VERY occasionally i have no wish to cause harm to my scorpion,norcwould i want to distress it by using standard lighting in the room during its nocturnal perambulations,but i would like to be able to observe it s nocturnal behaviour.

Pandinus Brian

Arachnopeon
Well I don't use any, but I have Emperor Scorpions which are simi-diurnal so as long as there not in direct sunlight they come out sometimes during the day. With that said I hear the best lights are the red night time heating bulbs. Scorpions cant see red light, and heating bulbs don't give off UV, so it shouldn't bother them.

FrankiePinchinatti

Arachnoknight
I recently finished up my new critter cabinet and I installed some color changing LEDs under all of the shelves. Those are really nice because I can turn them on to white light if I'm trying to work in there but at night I can switch them over to red light. The red light doesn't seem to bother them in the slightest and I get to see them out hunting which is pretty neat.

Collin Clary

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Literally any of the common Pandinus and Heterometrus in the hobby will have a blue/green sheen in the right light. Put them in a different light and they're jet black, or brown.

Kybalion13

Arachnopeon
Well I don't use any, but I have Emperor Scorpions which are simi-diurnal so as long as there not in direct sunlight they come out sometimes during the day. With that said I hear the best lights are the red night time heating bulbs. Scorpions cant see red light, and heating bulbs don't give off UV, so it shouldn't bother them.[/QUOTE
Im curious, in your profile pic you’re holding the scorp, did you train it to be comfortable without stinging or just had it since it was a baby (which im assuming also makes it comfortable with you handling it) ? :)

StampFan

Arachnodemon
I have a couple of Hadrurus, and they glow green and *purple* contrasting under the UV. Which is waaaaayyyyyy cooler than just green lol.